Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a customer that added Katzkin leather to his premium Ascent. He loves it. No issues. I've had a few people do it on other cars as well and they have never had issues. But I think it depends on the installer. I've seen some cars that we've appraised for trade in that do not look good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My local dealer has a premium and in order to upgrade to leather we would have to sign a waiver releasing them of responsibility for any damage to airbags due to aftermarket leather. Anyone ever heard of this? What airbag could be affected?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My local dealer has a premium and in order to upgrade to leather we would have to sign a waiver releasing them of responsibility for any damage to airbags due to aftermarket leather. Anyone ever heard of this? What airbag could be affected?
Some cars have airbags in the seats. I do not think the Ascent is one of them. (?)

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...l-discussion-forum/3205-how-many-airbags.html
https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/subaru/ascent-4-door-suv/2019?print-view

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes my Ascent Premium has a leather upgrade (Classic SoftTrim is our mfg) and yes there are Airbags in the seats! I didn’t sign any waivers that sounds like some BS being pulled by you dealership. My seats are covered by Subaru for any mechanical and airbag issues. And if it’s a craftsmanship defect Classic SoftTrim will cover my seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those seats look nice. That is one option I am considering doing too. Premium trim with aftermarket leather. Just weighing the cost between the premium trim and limited trim and what extras you get. I do like the looks of the 20 inch wheels too, but may not be a must have. Going to make a spread sheet of what we really want. I am really liking the Ascent more and more that I see it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So when I compared the differences between the premium and limited it came out to be about a 4K difference. The things and diff exes that my Ascent doesn’t have are as followed:

LED headlights and hi beam assist
Larger info screen (not the entertainment screen the one above)
The instrument cluster aren’t slightly different in color with the limited and touring having a bluish design and premium a red
Touring and limited have the leather accent trim all around premium has the carbon fiber look Trim

I can honestly say that minus the LED headlights that I wish I had all the rest wasn’t too important to me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.