Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was applying Lexol conditioner to my 2020 Ascent's seats, I noticed many small cracks/chips in the leather. I am extremely meticulous in the treatment of the leather and am very disappointed the seat is already damage. While I fully expect wear and tear, I did not anticipate the seats to show such wear with only 3000 miles on the odometer. Has anyone experienced anything similar to their seats?

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Hi @lians60,

I'd definitely suggest showing that to your dealership and asking what remedy they might have. Perhaps email Subaru as well. I haven't seen that type of "chipping" before.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi @lians60,

I'd definitely suggest showing that to your dealership and asking what remedy they might have. Perhaps email Subaru as well. I haven't seen that type of "chipping" before.
Always appreciate your insight , Robert

It should still be under warranty and there is a TSB about the leather cracking.
Thanks for bringing the TSB to light, would you happen to know the TSB number?

I’ll bring it up to the dealer later this month and will report back. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have much worse on the leather part of the steering wheel. I figured out why it happens after I narrowed it down to happening when my wife Is driving. Her engagement/wedding ring turns around and scratches it and makes a mess of it. I plan to keep her so I live with scratched up steering wheel leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts