Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Leather Package in Limited is Better than Touring

19K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  mtmra70 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got my Limited and there was a mishap with the interior. As a result, I found out that the dash and door trim pieces, wrapped in leather, of the Touring is a rip-off from the Limited model. You'd think that the dash and door trim pieces should be wrapped in Java Brown to match, making it uniform and aesthetically more pleasing.

Touring:

Limited:

See less See more
#3 ·
It's not just Limited vs Touring for that warm ivory trim. Even slate gray interiors (on Limited) get the warm ivory trim pieces. Either there was a sale on warm ivory fake leather, or the sequence of production puts the trim pieces on the dash and doors before the choice of seats is given.
I've considered getting them re-covered by an upholstery shop, but the proximity to the airbags while deploying has me spooked.

#8 ·
It's obvious to me a bean counter was involved in the color choice for the touring trim. To many shades of brown going on plus the quirky dash shelf is the same as the base model expect it's covered in vinyl . For the extra money I would like to see it properly wrapped and available in different colors

#9 ·
Perhaps, but I can't imagine that there would be much, if any cost difference to supply brown trim pieces alongside ivory pieces. Maybe Subaru believed that three-tone has a *dynamic* look to it. I admit it catches the eye, but it doesn't settle well after the initial impression wears off (in my opinion, of course). I wish the Limited came with wood trim and the Touring came with "better" wood trim, like in the Outbacks.

In many ways, they have made improvements with the new Forester. The Touring trim gets brown trim to match the seats, along with LED headlights on all trims. I find that strange and expect some changes when the Ascent's mid-cycle refresh hits probably for 2022.

#11 ·
I'm learning more and more about the Ascent everyday. So I dig more into interior from other brand/model to understand the threshold of the offering by Subaru and I'm quite impressed- it's luxurious!!!!

Interior of 2019 RX350 L

2019 X5

2019 highlander

2019 Explorer

#13 ·
The 5 different colors from the driver’s seat to the A-pillar are one of the main reasons I’ll likely wait until the next model year before purchasing an Ascent in hopes they update. I’d likely go with the touring and I’m not fond of the mix. All those colors and textures in a single view from the driver’s seat are too much. I really like the interior of the Forster Touring (not so much the exterior, though). If there’s no change I may simply wait for the new Outback. I still like my 2015 OB but, it’s getting up in miles.

#14 ·
Ivory contrast trim is “pleather” as is everything in the vehicle that is not perforated. I was told by SOA that genuine leather surfaces are perforated, everything else is simulated leather. I liked the fact that the Outback accessory trim in the Touring level matched the brown leather. I like the Ascent a lot but the ivory contrasting trim looks odd.

#16 ·
^ So, here's the thing.

From a design point, I understand why there's that really light-colored band of trim: it breaks up that dark swath and makes things visually less "bulky" - and at the same time, as Raz007 and at least one other member mentioned previously, the lighter-color section allows for earlier "pickup" of the ambient lighting strip.

A part of me likes it - a part of me does not.

The part that doesn't like it is the one screaming for some cohesion. It's like the exterior trim on the Touring, too: it's like, Fifty Shades of Chrome/Silver.

#18 · (Edited)
I just got my Limited and there was a mishap with the interior. As a result, I found out that the dash and door trim pieces, wrapped in leather, of the Touring is a rip-off from the Limited model. You'd think that the dash and door trim pieces should be wrapped in Java Brown to match, making it uniform and aesthetically more pleasing.

Touring:

Limited:
It also looks like the dash leather doesnt match the door keather - which is the problem with my 21 Limited. Im taking it to the dealer to fix it.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.