Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that new owners are taking delivery, if anyone has leased their Ascent, can anyone share their capitalized costs, lease rates and residual value (or percentage that Subaru is figuring for residuals)? Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
978 Posts
It might be early still but in most cases you can call the dealer and just ask. I’m sure uour using the lease calculator like Edmunds to run your costs etc. I’m doing the same thing this winter just not a Subaru. New commuter for the wife, playing the HOV lane sticker game here in CA.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Now that new owners are taking delivery, if anyone has leased their Ascent, can anyone share their capitalized costs, lease rates and residual value (or percentage that Subaru is figuring for residuals)? Thanks, in advance!
Just got back from my dealer since my ascent will be in next week. MF is pretty bad.selling Price is VIP program pricing and in MA

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Just got back from my dealer since my ascent will be in next week. MF is pretty bad.selling Price is VIP program pricing and in MA
The MF is spot on with Subaru Financing for a Tier 2, based upon what I can see.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

That looks painful - $4,250 down payment on a lease is pretty high, although it might be normal for a new Subaru model. Subaru is doing no favors for the customer. Financial reality is about to set in for prospective buyers.

I only had to put down $1,000 on my most recent lease with an MSRP of $22,380 and a monthly payment of $104. I admit it was a great deal. I'll let Carl guess what brand/model that car was.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unless you are trying to bring your monthly payment lower there is no reason to put that much down on a lease.

The last three vehicles I have leased have all been 0 down, just first months payment. I do have tier 1 credit so that may help, but your dealer seems a bit shady to me.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Paying more than $1000 down on a lease is bonkers. Just buy it if you have to put that much down, or go lease a different brand. I bet you can lease a GMC Acadia Denali for 0 down and under $500 mo. Its a lease!!!! Your not buying it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Carl, can you tell us the MF for Tier1 & the min. score required for it? Thanks in advance!
No, but it's less than what was shown. All of my paperwork that I see says something like this at the bottom:
Retailer Use Only. Not for public distribution or display.

So I can confirm or deny what someone else shares with figures, but I will not divulge them myself. Sorry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The MF is spot on with Subaru Financing for a Tier 2, based upon what I can see.
Carl, can you tell us the MF for Tier1 & the min. score required for it? Thanks in advance!
No, but it's less than what was shown. All of my paperwork that I see says something like this at the bottom:
Retailer Use Only. Not for public distribution or display.

So I can confirm or deny what someone else shares with figures, but I will not divulge them myself. Sorry.
Didn't know that was tier2. I wonder what you need for tier 1. They never ran my credit fyi

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unless you are trying to bring your monthly payment lower there is no reason to put that much down on a lease.

The last three vehicles I have leased have all been 0 down, just first months payment. I do have tier 1 credit so that may help, but your dealer seems a bit shady to me.
Shady how? I only asked for some preliminary numbers as I was mostly curious about the MF and if they would honor my VIP pricing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can quickly get the Residual and MF for leases on the edmunds.com forums. The MF they will give you on Edmunds will be tier 1. The last I knew Subaru tier 1 started at 730 FICO and up.

There is also a thread about June MF/Residual numbers for the Ascent on this site so you should search that out.

I always go into the dealer with the exact cap cost, MF and Residual for the lease I am seeking as information is power in any negotiation. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shady how? I only asked for some preliminary numbers as I was mostly curious about the MF and if they would honor my VIP pricing.
The biggest tip off to me is that but they put a range of payment at each MF and down payment combination- although it's small this screams shady to me. The calculation is very simple to get an exact (one) number once you have MF, residual, cap cost and taxes.

If you feel comfortable with them then that's great and ultimately what counts. However for myself if my dealer ever sent me something like this I would walk away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Carl i pre ordered my ASCENT on May31 i was told that that day it would be entered into the pre order then i curious im in the SDC area im on Long Island NY is there a time table of approx for my del its a Premium tungsten Surburu is big seller in ny area

gerard

·
Registered
965 Posts
Didn't know that was tier2. I wonder what you need for tier 1. They never ran my credit fyi
Lease tiers versus purchase tiers are different credit score requirements. A Tier 4 on a lease is a Tier 3 on a purchase. Rule of thumb is simple, though - if you're above 700, then you're probably good for the best rates. You may be SHOWN a higher interest rate or a different tier because the finance department is trying to make money. I've seen those payment matrices before ... we don't use them. They may have also shown you a tier 2 just to give you a payment range for negotiation purposes. My finance department doesn't work that way, they just figure your lease based upon you being Tier 1 and mileage and then go with it once they pull your credit.

That's also why we're a trade difference store instead of a four square store - it's a rarity for us to NOT have someone with an 800 beacon score that can stroke a check to pay for everything if they choose to do so. Most of my customers don't worry about what a monthly payment is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts