1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this email from Subaru:

This update specifically addresses the following:
  1. Overall performance and stability improvements
  2. SXM “Severe Weather Alerts” can now be customized or turned off under Settings>>General>>SXM Settings
  3. Long route calculation time and map data mismatch for link points with some roads crossing states.
  4. SXM Preset Loss
  5. Enhanced CD (e-CD) does not play.
  6. Voice recognition improvements
  7. When using voice recognition for route searching, the state name is recognized wrong.
  8. When the ignition switch is turned on, music in USB memory goes back to the track 1.
  9. Phonebook cannot be downloaded from a paired smart phone.
  10. When the ignition switch is turned on, a message of ‘Invalid Destination Code’ is displayed.
  11. Hands Free mode volume seems to be too soft compared to the audio volume.
Anyone know what #1 refers to?

Any reason to avoid it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just got this email from Subaru:

Anyone know what #1 refers to?

Any reason to avoid it?

Thanks.
Idk, that's pretty generic language. The only thing I can think of is maybe better stability when trying to connect to CarPlay. Every once in a while it just doesn't work for me, but I never know if I should blame my phone or the infotainment system. I forgot to do the update last night but will probably get to it today.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This update has been out since December. Odd that we are getting the notification about it now. I updated back in Dec. no reason to avoid it. Go the usb route, total time to download to usb and then to car about 35 minutes. Who knows what the stability and overall performance improvements are, but every update no matter what the system (ios, mac, android, apps, etc.) always put that in the description.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Easy to update without USB or starting ignition. Parked near wifi (my garage in my case), push start button WITHOUT foot on brake 2 times. In settings, make sure wifi is connected. Then click check for update. It took 7 minutes, super easy

·
Registered
9 Posts
new email, new update. version number is detailed in how to guide PDF thats linked at the bottom so you can double check you aren't already on this version. or just connect to wifi and check for an easier answer.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Make sure you open up the attached PDF instructions link and verify the version you currently have. There have been two updates over the last five or so months, so it's a good practice to ensure you have the latest version just in case you performed the previously released update and think it's the most recent one, when it fact it may not be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go the usb route, total time to download to usb and then to car about 35 minutes.
What is the process for updating via USB? The email I received doesn't mention it and neither does the PDF document. I've tried updating via WiFi many times and it always fails despite good signal and solid connection to my home WiFi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
USB method is only for NAVI equipped systems as of now since it bundles in the map update file.

What is the process for updating via USB? The email I received doesn't mention it and neither does the PDF document. I've tried updating via WiFi many times and it always fails despite good signal and solid connection to my home WiFi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep, that's the difference. I don't have the nav option. Oh well. I'm due for the 12K service, so I'll just ask the dealer to do the update.
If you have access to a phone hotspot that usually works well. Or perhaps a neighbors wifi? Some networks can be flaky with the head unit.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes, when I went out to the car to load the USB, I checked current version and discovered I was current also. I thought maybe the dealership did it last week during recall service

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
Did it in my driveway today via WiFi...didn't take too long.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts