·
Registered
2019 Ascent former fleet car w/ 5000 miles
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lane departure bell should have a disconnect feature. Also, lane dpt
feat. steering correct is dangerous
Get rid of it.
Cruise control switch turns on all the safety features. I just want to use the cruise control. Make it separate.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
These features can all be turned off. Even cruise control can be operated like classic cruise control without the adaptive. I encourage you to search/browse the forum and you may find some info that can improve your experience.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
I encourage you to search/browse the forum and you may find some info that can improve your experience.
I will add to the OP that these things are also covered in the manual....the PDF version is even searchable.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Besides all of them being able to be disabled, I've found, through copious amounts of testing and using the front 180° cam on the Touring, that Lane Keep Assist was correct, and I was not. ;) I went from being annoyed at the car to being annoyed at me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
I can echo that, Robert. I never realized how, um...nonchalant...I was while driving, particularly on local, windy rural roads until the system reminded me a little to constantly to pay more attention.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I drive mostly rural roads and was initially annoyed at the steering input. Then i realized that it was me being sloppy in my driving, so I have gotten better in my driving with the lane keep reminding me. It does not provide input now nearly as much as it used to and I do know how to turn it off, but I don't.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I can't possibly say that my driving was a bit relaxed when I bought my Ascent. My previous car, a GMC Sierra 3500 4wd with 325K miles, was a model of driving precision with very tight steering so the transition to the new Ascent with its very precise electric steering gearbox was very easy for me. I will say that the lane centering and alarms have over time learned to keep quiet. In the beginning they were annoying. I am not sure what was wrong with them in the beginning but the problem has mysteriously resolved itself. I am guessing that one of my trips to the dealer's service department they secretly updated the whole LKA and its alarms without me knowing. I could not have actually been me learning to drive better and keep the car centered better. Yep, had to be the car the the secretive Subaru updates. I am sticking with that....

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I should have used that excuse :mad: I wonder if it's too late to go back and edit my comment... 🤣

·
Registered
11 Posts
... I've found, through copious amounts of testing and using the front 180° cam on the Touring, that Lane Keep Assist was correct, and I was not. ;) I went from being annoyed at the car to being annoyed at me.
The thing can be very dangerous, especially in construction zones. It can't see the lanes right and will sometimes try to run you into a semi. Mine stays off now. I'm not concerned about a little drifting I occasionally do, but I am concerned about having to fight the computer so it doesn't ram my family and me into a semi.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
The thing can be very dangerous, especially in construction zones. It can't see the lanes right and will sometimes try to run you into a semi. Mine stays off now. I'm not concerned about a little drifting I occasionally do, but I am concerned about having to fight the computer so it doesn't ram my family and me into a semi.
You're literally supposed to turn it off in construction zones. I hope you take the time to read the manual and my notes on proper usage, if you decide to try it again. It's definitely not dangerous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.