Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my fog light kit from Lamin-X in the yellow. It didn't really come with instructions and I'm sure it's not too difficult if you clean the lens well and do a wet application. My question is do you cut the tabs that stick out on each side or just tuck them with a squeegee?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
113 Posts
I have the same. Installation is quite easy as you mention. For the tabs, I tucked them initially so that I could get a good placement for the exacto-knife ... then removed them. On an older car, I tried to trim them before they were covering the lens and cut too much. :(

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
113 Posts
@Zeke NY , sorry for the delayed response. I have been off the computer for a bit. I have attached three pics to give you an idea of the Lamin-X Yellow fog light lens covers. They look really good, last forever (in my experience) and very cost effective. The resulting light is exactly as you would expect.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
113 Posts
Though I think at this point It’s more of an aesthetic mod.
I have to agree, and I have them. Yes, "Selective Yellow" has been used to reduce the amount of short, blue-to-violet wavelengths that are harsh to the eyes in fog, rain, and snow. It makes the "muddy" air less reflective, but I think @lians60 is correct.

I think it looks good, while also not causing any adverse affects. Is it any better for my rain and fog driving? I don't know, maybe? I like the way they look when they are on and OFF, so I added them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts