Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I was wondering how many ladies are driving this new Ascent. I’ve had a Touring for two weeks and can hardly drive it because my back and sciatic pain is so bad. Anyone else having that issue?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not me. There are tons of women that own/drive the Ascent. It's hard to tell on this Forum because names are not displayed. I'm also on the Facebook "Subaru Ascent" group. Lots and lots of females there. Also a lot of helpful videos, several Ambassadors and also some Subaru employees. There is also a 2019+ Subaru Ascent Facebook group but it doesn't have as many members and isn't as active.

Regarding back pain - you know there are ALL kinds of ways to adjust your seat/seat back in the Touring model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
And our Ascent is my wife's car. She has aches and pains from things, but not from her car. I frequently hear "Have I told you how much I like my new car?"

We've had it almost a month.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Of the dozen or so unique Ascents I've seen (since November, 2018) here in downtown Cleveland and the east-side commuter (inner-ring) suburbs of NE-Ohio, I've seen about a 60/40 bias in driver gender, favoring females.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Of the dozen or so unique Ascents I've seen (since November, 2018) here in downtown Cleveland and the east-side commuter (inner-ring) suburbs of NE-Ohio, I've seen about a 60/40 bias in driver gender, favoring females.
I think we had a conversation years ago about Shaker Heights and trails I had a heavy hand in building while I was there around 2000-2001. Didn't we? On a different 6-Star forum if I am not mistaken.

Small world.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wife drives it about 30% of the time. Regarding seats, in Touring trim they are rock hard ( but every car I have owned with cooled seats, the seats tend to be harder than the same models without ventilated seats), fine for local trips, as I prefer hard seats for some back issues I have, but we were both in pain (lower back and behind) when we finished a 160 mile road trip today ( our first trip over 2 hours in the car). Adjusting thigh and lumbar support helped slightly, but passenger does not have those options). Saab and Volvo have best seats ever in my experience.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think we had a conversation years ago about Shaker Heights and trails I had a heavy hand in building while I was there around 2000-2001. Didn't we? On a different 6-Star forum if I am not mistaken.

Small world.

Yup, that's me. :smile:

And we talked about that here, too. :smile_big:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I am seeing more mother's driving the Ascent picking up their kids at school. I have spoken to some and they love it. Interesting to note that the Touring trim with cooling seats may be harder than trims that do not have cooled seats. I wonder if they took out some padding to make room for cooling tubes. My leather Limited does not have cooled seats and feels very comfortable. I am not tall but I still manually adjusted the leg front out a bit to assure complete support up to near the knee.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello! I was wondering how many ladies are driving this new Ascent. I’ve had a Touring for two weeks and can hardly drive it because my back and sciatic pain is so bad. Anyone else having that issue?

I actually picked the premium model because I liked the feel of the cloth seats better then the leather and we plan to slowly upgrade to everything we want. That being said my husband now hates sitting in the car after a longer trip because it makes his hip hurt , tells me the seats are too narrow and pinch him ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts