Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I love your approach - it's got more than enough meat for car-lovers, but is presented in a way that is *very* friendly to those who may not be so into cars.

Having a doggo to add to the humor and break up the video is another great touch.

Great camera work, too.

Do the WRX for my wifey? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great video! Better and more than enthusiastic than Subaru's own videos!

We have two lab-mixes (about 65 pounds each) and are looking at the Subaru as their next ride. They love to ride with their heads hanging out the window, but I noticed that Andy didn't dog-test the window view. We haven't decided between the 7 or 8 passenger yet. We are wondering if the captain's chairs in the 7 passenger lay flat to make one continuous floor in the rear or will there always be the space between the front seats and second row? Likewise the 8-passenger. Do you know if the seats fold completely flat?

Thanks! Enjoyed your video very much!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Great video! Better and more than enthusiastic than Subaru's own videos!

We have two lab-mixes (about 65 pounds each) and are looking at the Subaru as their next ride. They love to ride with their heads hanging out the window, but I noticed that Andy didn't dog-test the window view. We haven't decided between the 7 or 8 passenger yet. We are wondering if the captain's chairs in the 7 passenger lay flat to make one continuous floor in the rear or will there always be the space between the front seats and second row? Likewise the 8-passenger. Do you know if the seats fold completely flat?

Thanks! Enjoyed your video very much!

Doggo lovers, unite!!!! :rockon::grin:

The answer on the 7-passenger's second row captain's chairs (often abbreviated "CC" or "CCs" in various Forums) is that there will always be a void between those two seats. Also, the CCs will not fold down completely flat ( https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/149-interior/2665-2nd-row-captains-chairs.html ). In terms of front-to rear gaps (from the front seat's seatback to the CC's head/shoulder area), there is a small gap where the headrest base would be.

I cannot comment on the 8-passenger's folded seat-back continuity with headrests removed, but I know that it does fold flatter than the CCs - although it's still not quite truck-bed flat - there is still a slight slope that dips towards the rear of the vehicle. This slope, however is in-line with that of the third row/trunk.

Both my 40-45 lbs. (depending on his haircut :smile_big:) medium-frame dog as well as our good friends' 70-80 lbs. large-framed dog can successfully hang their heads out of the window with the CCs. The second-row windows do power all the way down, so even the smaller woofers can rest their heads on the ledge comfortably.

Our friends' dog liked the freedom of being able to either sit in the CC on her behind while extending her legs down to the floorboard or being able to stand up in the void between the two CCs in the second row. My dog prefers his sling, and is perfectly content just sitting/laying in the seat, in the sling.

Hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts