Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone speak from experience (either getting their car serviced, or as a mechanic) how long the car will need to be in the hands of a mechanic to complete the three new recalls (WUV07 CVT, WUU06 ECU, and WUW08 PCV)? I.e. will a mechanic need to have the car all day to complete these? Or is it more like 10 minutes for each one? Thank you much!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
If all three are done at the same time I was told around 2.5 hours, but that was just an estimate as it will be dependent on your car and what troubleshooting the technician must perform during the transmission recall part of this exercise. If your car is showing some "codes" when the technician follows the very specific procedures for performing the TCM update, that will add some time. In another thread on this forum Robert M. included a link to the pdf document showing the exact procedure your dealer's technician should follow.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,590 Posts
The TCM and ECU took less than an hour on mine this morning. I barely got home after dropping it for an 08:30 appointment followed by a quick stop at Starbucks with Professor Dr. SWMBO, and I got the text message that it was ready for pickup. I can't help with the PCV one as that's not required for my vehicle.

Reactions: DAC

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Mine was in the shop for a couple days getting some other work done. They did the 3 recalls while it was there. A couple hours work can address all 3. Looks like they recorded .4hrs for PCV, .4hrs for ECU, and .9hrs for TCM. However if the TCM turns up bad data or the PCV valve isn’t fully intact there could be days added.
Text Font Line Document Monochrome

·
Registered
51 Posts
TCM and ECU took about 40 minutes. Dealer didn't have the PCV valves in at the time. Going in next week to get that done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts