Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For you oil change DIYers, I was just at Costco and bought their Kirkland brand full syn 0W20 oil for $30.99 for two 5 qt jugs. That equals $3.10 per quart.

The oil meets all Subaru specs (API SP, Dexos1, gen3, etc).
Font Gas Rectangle Signage Sign

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
If I were one to change my own oil...I'd be on that deal lickety-split. But...I don't do that. LOL

Reactions: TheRaven

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
721 Posts
I don't hear many people besides myself use the word(s) "lickety-split" much anymore, so thanks for making me smile.
If I were one to change my own oil...I'd be on that deal lickety-split. But...I don't do that. LOL
Funny/almost spooky, but about 30 seconds after I typed my first reply to you re: "lickety-split" a character in our child's show she was watching just said "lickey-split". Did her show hear me typing? :oops:

· Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Cue that Rod Sterling suspense sound.... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: TheRaven

· Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
820 Posts
Funny/almost spooky, but about 30 seconds after I typed my first reply to you re: "lickety-split" a character in our child's show she was watching just said "lickey-split". Did her show hear me typing? :oops:
Glitch in the matrix!! I feel like there have been a lot these days :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Yes from the Costco web site on the Kirkland oil:

For use in gasoline, ex-fuel or gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles requiring SAE 0W-20 API SN PLUS, SN, SL and ILSAC GF-5, GF-4 or previous standards. Approved for use in all GM gasoline engines requiring dexos1™ Gen 2 0W-20.

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes from the Costco web site on the Kirkland oil:

For use in gasoline, ex-fuel or gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles requiring SAE 0W-20 API SN PLUS, SN, SL and ILSAC GF-5, GF-4 or previous standards. Approved for use in all GM gasoline engines requiring dexos1™ Gen 2 0W-20.
The oiI just bought has an API SP & DEXOS gen 3 rating. I think it's a newer rating to address LSPI (Low Speed Pre Ignitin).

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been buying my oil here for quite a while now.
Love Costco…groceries for the month, rotisserie chicken for that nights dinner, motor oil, maybe a new flannel….or a tv
"Ya got yer Dollar Store, and ya got yer Hundred Dollar Store".....Costco

"What is the most expensive vehicle to operate?".... a Costco Shopping Cart.

· Registered
2022 ASCENT PREMIUM
60 Posts
"Ya got yer Dollar Store, and ya got yer Hundred Dollar Store".....Costco

LOL….there is a lot of truth to that. But, you do get what you pay for….I know a veteran Costco employee, and the product vetting process is gold

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL….there is a lot of truth to that. But, you do get what you pay for….I know a veteran Costco employee, and the product vetting process is gold
I agree, they have some very skilled buyers, and the Kirkland branded products never disappoint.

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought 5 cases of this back in June of 2020. I swear it was even cheaper then.
I bought 2 cases last fall when it was $29.99 ea case=$3/Qt. Great price for full syn 0W20 with all the Subaru required ratings & specs.

· Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
^^ Truth. But totally worthy, just the same...we just got our CC card rebate. $750 which accounts for a "yuge" chunk of what we paid them for gas in the past year. That's on top of the Executive Membership rebate which was in the hundreds. That reminds me...'need to fuel up the Ascent and pick up some chocolate croissants. And probably other things. LOL

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alexa or Siri were monitoring the keyboard and changed the TV channel............. :oops:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts