Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - having a unique issue and wondering if someone else seen this happen on their car:

Put a 2yr+4yr old in the driver/passenger seat for a few minutes to play around while I sat in the backseat one evening. Next day onwards the car's headlights are always ON (day or night). Tried going through every setting available on the display but cannot get the headlights to NOT be on (i.e. when in auto position the lights green light is on and highlamps are on). I have to manually move it to "off" position during the day for the lights to not be on.

Any ideas?
thanks
2019 Touring.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
I see what you did there @packout...🤭

Did you happen to pull back the turn signal stalk to switch off the high beams?

C.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
703 Posts
It's there anything covering up the daylight sensor at the right front of the dash, like some gloves?

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
9 Posts
I let my 2&1/2 yr old play in the front seat sometimes too. So far no problems, but I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on her I suppose.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
703 Posts
2 Weeks into owning my 2019 Limited I went back to the dealer for my Encore appointment. A few minutes into going over all of the technology and settings the sales lady tossed her clipboard on the dash and a few seconds later everything went into night mode. She was completely baffled by that until I showed her where the daylight sensor is. First thing I thought of when I saw the post above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts