Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Ascent, I've been testing functions. Last night testing the unlock with touching the door handle. I then tested to see if the door would lock automatically, like, say, if I walked away with my fob, would the door automatically lock itself. Some how, at some point while the door was unlocked, I touched the door handle and the door locked. Is that possible; to lock the car by touching the handle sometime after exiting?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
If you have the keyfob with you, you can touch the front outside part of a front door handle to lock the doors.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,843 Posts
Opening is when your fingers are sensed to be grasping the handle. Locking occurs when you touch the specific area on the handle marked by three little embossed "bars"....

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is also a small rubber button on the hatch, a few inches to the right of the liftgate button (below the Subaru Emblem) that will lock the doors.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Har! As we like to say, "When all else fails, RTFM."

I find it convenient to use the downloadable PDF manuals available on the My Subaru website. Easy to search, and you can click on referenced page numbers to jump to them. Alt(left arrow) takes you back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a guy, I don't need no stinkin' manuals! Ha! When all else fails, read the instructions. Time to pull out that encyclopedia of a manual I guess, and learn what else I'm missing.
Haha :ROFLMAO: I started to type it out then I figured a picture would make more sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts