Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok does anyone know how to program the key fob so with one press of the unlock button, it unlocks all doors? And yes I’ve set the correct setting in the Starlink head unit but it still doesn’t work.... Also I know about pulling the door handle which does unlock all doors but I wanted to be able to do this remotely with the key fob.

I recall when I had my 2015 WRX I had to get the dealer to reprogram the ECU in order to do this. I suppose I may have to do the same with the Ascent but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ok does anyone know how to program the key fob so with one press of the unlock button, it unlocks all doors? And yes I’ve set the correct setting in the Starlink head unit but it still doesn’t work.... Also I know about pulling the door handle which does unlock all doors but I wanted to be able to do this remotely with the key fob.

I recall when I had my 2015 WRX I had to get the dealer to reprogram the ECU in order to do this. I suppose I may have to do the same with the Ascent but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas
Double clicking the subaru symbol is really an issue for you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure I could but hey it’s the simple things...one thing less you have to think of when you have a bunch of cranky kids and need them in the car and have to go somewhere pronto. Besides I was able to do this in my Nissan and WRX.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Sure I could but hey it’s the simple things...one thing less you have to think of when you have a bunch of cranky kids and need them in the car and have to go somewhere pronto. Besides I was able to do this in my Nissan and WRX.
Infotainment System->Settings->Vehicle Tab.

You'll find all the lock and unlock settings there. You can change a few things in how the system works.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Infotainment System->Settings->Vehicle Tab.

You'll find all the lock and unlock settings there. You can change a few things in how the system works.
When I dug in there it only had settings for Locking/Unlocking the doors while moving. So now my car no longer locks while I'm driving.
But nothing about the key fob unlocking all the doors.

I too would like this. Had it all too many times where the 2nd click didn't take and the other doors are locked. Is it a big deal? No. Would it be nice to just click once? YES! :grin:

Reactions: JkunSub

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Change how doors lock and unlock

When I dug in there it only had settings for Locking/Unlocking the doors while moving. So now my car no longer locks while I'm driving.
But nothing about the key fob unlocking all the doors.

I too would like this. Had it all too many times where the 2nd click didn't take and the other doors are locked. Is it a big deal? No. Would it be nice to just click once? YES! :grin:
NOTE: This only works for keyless entry vehicles.

I did a video for you: :smile:

It's in Infotainment System->Settings->Vehicle Tab

From there, there's a plethora of related settings. You were in "Auto Door Lock/Unlock", which, as you noted, is the incorrect section.

Try here:
-->Keyless Entry System:
  • Audible Signal
  • Driver Door Unlock
  • Rear Gate Unlock
  • Hazard Warning Flashers

ALSO: Those settings also control how the touch-unlock functions work.

I have not tested them with the keyed FOBs since I don't have a keyed FOB... hoping someone else can. Regardless, most Ascents are Keyless FOBs.

·
Registered
920 Posts
That must be why I don't have the option. I have a key!

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the keyless entry in the Limited. Tried the instructions in the video (thanks for that!) but it still doesn’t work. I tried settings in the heads up display and the Starlink head unit. Think I’m going to have the dealer check out the settings in the ECU.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I have the keyless entry in the Limited. Tried the instructions in the video (thanks for that!) but it still doesn’t work. I tried settings in the heads up display and the Starlink head unit. Think I’m going to have the dealer check out the settings in the ECU.
I'm beginning to suspect that the setting may not work as advertised/expected. It definitely works with the touch (the handle) to open feature.

I'll try again tomorrow and see what it does or doesn't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ve confirmed the touch to open works just fine. Another thing I found out is the rear hatch button only opens the rear hatch when in the head unit I have it set to open all doors...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice if they had autoLOCK option when the FOB was outside of the range. Or autoLOCK after 30 seconds after out of range. Didn't see that listed.

Would love that. It would have saved me a break in. The only time I went to sleep without making sure my doors were locked.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Nice if they had autoLOCK option when the FOB was outside of the range. Or autoLOCK after 30 seconds after out of range. Didn't see that listed.
Agreed. That would be awesome. Now, when my hands are full, I can rub the edge of my arm on the handle to lock the car... but with winter approaching, that will no longer work since I will be wearing a jacket. :sad:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Agreed. That would be awesome. Now, when my hands are full, I can rub the edge of my arm on the handle to lock the car... but with winter approaching, that will no longer work since I will be wearing a jacket. :sad:

I'm sure mine will work in winter just like it does now...no jacket required in winter here. :tango_face_wink:

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
So torn...

I'm sure mine will work in winter just like it does now...no jacket required in winter here. :tango_face_wink:
I'm torn about that... it must be nice having spring and summer weather all year round. There's many a winter up here that I dream of nice sunsets on the beach. :sad:

On the other hand, my Subie gets to play in the snow... :grin:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah mine doesn't work either. I had a similar issue with the tailgate to unlock all doors.

With the tailgate I had to set it to tailgate only went driving around and turned off the car. Later I set it back to unlock all drove around and it seemed to stick.

The unlock all doors option only seems to work with the proximity handle. I could never get it to work with the fob. I think the fob doesn't support the function or it is one of those things you have to do using a set of fob combos/ECU tool sort of like the daytime running lights.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm torn about that... it must be nice having spring and summer weather all year round. There's many a winter up here that I dream of nice sunsets on the beach. :sad:

On the other hand, my Subie gets to play in the snow... :grin:

Yeah, our "Second Spring" is starting now, low humidity, a lot less rain. The sun is still trying to hold onto summer, but the days are shorter and next week our highs will be in the low to mid 80's and nights will be in the low to mid 60's. Lots of nice sunsets to choose from on both the east or west coasts of FL between now and May. :grin:
True, your Subie gets to play in the snow, but at least I don't have to try to wash away all of that corrosion causing ice melt in the nooks and crannies of my Ascent. :nerd:

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
True, your Subie gets to play in the snow, but at least I don't have to try to wash away all of that corrosion causing ice melt in the nooks and crannies of my Ascent. :nerd:

The oil pan on my former Outback was looking so ratty by the 200,000 mile mark that I actually had it replaced. Wasn't sure how much non-rusted metal was left, lol. :tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
920 Posts
Key Fob Reprogrammed!

EDIT! I was mistaken. I did ask to have it done and when I pressed the button once I could open the passenger side door. But that was ONLY because they didn't lock the car when they put it in the parking lot. I still need 2 beeps to unlock it :(

UPDATE! If you have the normal keyed ignition system you can get your key reprogrammed by the dealer so one press unlocks all the doors. I just had my Ascent in to get an oil change, have my 2nd row window shades installed and while I was there they reprogrammed my key fob behavior!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.