Subaru Ascent Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5, 2021 Ascent Premium on the way
315 Posts
This is obviously not a direct comparison, but recently paid ~$1600 for a gold plus CPO 7/100k/$0 for my Outback. Ok I suppose, but seeing what everyone is paying for the Ascent these days I should have tried harder!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't tell you all how much I appreciate this thread. Thanks to it, I knew not to go with what my dealer offered when I first bought a month ago. First offer was $3300 for 7y/100y.They wouldn't go lower than $2200 and even tried to tell me that the price I wanted was less than list price.

Today I finalized a 7y/100k/$0 deductible for $1550. I am in Texas.

Also a heads up to anyone with buyers' remorse for the price you paid: the Gold Plus agreement allows you to cancel it for a full refund within 90 days of purchase.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I just bought 10y/100K/$0 Gold Plus in DMV area for $1700
10 year, 100,000, 0 for $1970 - Colorado

remember while there are additional items covered under the gold plus, the warranty start date (time clock) is from date of vehicle purchase not date of gold plus purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finalized the purchase of a 10y/100k with $0 deductible Gold Plus for $1650.00 in Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need hep quick. I have a few days to decide and appreciate any and all input. I purchased a 2017 Impreza that I have 30 days from purchase to purchase an extended Gold Plus Warranty. I am single, retired and on a fixed income thus wanting to avoid an expensive repair. I have been offered a a Gold Plus warranty 2/20000 for 1067.00 which means my 2017 Impreza will get an added 2 years or 24,000 miles of Gold Plus, which ever comes first from date of warranty. Which means my car has 22k miles. Warranty ends at 46k. My car is 3 years old, warranty ends at 5 years old. I am thinking more than likely the mileage will hit 46k first, but it will be close. Keep in mind, I am still covere until 5 years on the power train warranty. Judged on the many bells and whistles, is this a good deal? Anyone having or having had a Subaru for 3 years, 22k miles, have you experienced problems up to 5 years, 48k miles? Would really appreciate help. 7-10-21

Email address removed for privacy purposes. - Moderator

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I need hep quick. I have a few days to decide and appreciate any and all input. I purchased a 2017 Impreza that I have 30 days from purchase to purchase an extended Gold Plus Warranty. I am single, retired and on a fixed income thus wanting to avoid an expensive repair. I have been offered a a Gold Plus warranty 2/20000 for 1067.00 which means my 2017 Impreza will get an added 2 years or 24,000 miles of Gold Plus, which ever comes first from date of warranty. Which means my car has 22k miles. Warranty ends at 46k. My car is 3 years old, warranty ends at 5 years old. I am thinking more than likely the mileage will hit 46k first, but it will be close. Keep in mind, I am still covere until 5 years on the power train warranty. Judged on the many bells and whistles, is this a good deal? Anyone having or having had a Subaru for 3 years, 22k miles, have you experienced problems up to 5 years, 48k miles? Would really appreciate help. 7-10-21
Sorry to inform you that what you are being offered is not a Gold Plus plan. It is a maintenance plan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yesterday, I paid $1750 for 10/100k 0 deductible Gold Plus plan, on a 2020 Touring purchased with ASPCA VIP program (invoice -2%).

I was also negotiating prices below retail outside VIP, and was able to negotiate $1750 at another dealer.

I was shopping dealers in the Atlanta GA Metro area.
What dealer did you get the 10/100k/0 deductible plan at?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Questions:
1) You can buy the extended warranty any time before your 3yr basic one expires right? Could you buy it after the 3yr expires?
2) If you buy it later, is it more expensive compared to if you bought it at the time of the car sale?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,723 Posts
Questions:
1) You can buy the extended warranty any time before your 3yr basic one expires right? Could you buy it after the 3yr expires?
Correct. The Gold Extended Service Contract is available to you up until your original OEM warranty expires at 3 years or 36k miles.

2) If you buy it later, is it more expensive compared to if you bought it at the time of the car sale?
You would risk any price increases that happen between now and when you buy it.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts