Subaru Ascent Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Emailing dealerships in the New England area (live in MA but bought in NH) and most quotes are right around 3k. Assuming i just havent found the right spot yet but if anyone has any leads please let me know!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Emailing dealerships in the New England area (live in MA but bought in NH) and most quotes are right around 3k. Assuming i just havent found the right spot yet but if anyone has any leads please let me know!
way too high. It is the same product regardless of region and therefore the same risk exposure for Subaru.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,722 Posts
how much would it have been with $0 deductible?
Interestingly, the cost difference between $100 and $0 deductibles for Subaru's plans are remarkably minimal.

Reactions: packout

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just called Mike. Same product, $1670 price he gave me. I didn't dicker as that's a good price for me.

My local guys gave me a quote of $1700 in Aug of last year. Just called them, they want $2385 now (Quirk in Braintree MA). According to them it was the 'standard price, same as anywhere else'. So I took my business to NC.
How could you purchase an NC warranty living in MA?

·
Registered
13 Posts
you Should note they indicated NH....... very common around these parts.
Sorry i am missing something! I thought he lives in MA (near Braintree) and ended up getting his Gold Plus in North Carolina? I bought in NH but live in MA and am looking at various prices for the Gold Plus.

were you able to get a decent deal on one in NH?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry i am missing something! I thought he lives in MA (near Braintree) and ended up getting his Gold Plus in North Carolina? I bought in NH but live in MA and am looking at various prices for the Gold Plus.

were you able to get a decent deal on one in NH?
I missread the post..... out of region purchases can be accomplished but ya have to find A Willing dealer..... my daughter purchased a 10yr 100k mile $0 deductible plan a year ago out of PA. Prices. And availability has changed to some extent since then.... my guess if you can find a deal for that around $2200 take it .... the best time to negotiate for the best extendEd service contract is at the time of purchase by making the sale contingent upon the service contract deal. Ya have to know what the best prevailing price point is. btw I did get a decent price on my last purchase in 2019 in NH

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,722 Posts
I missread the post..... out of region purchases can be accomplished but ya have to find A Willing dealer..... my daughter purchased a 10yr 100k mile $0 deductible plan a year ago out of PA.
That was about the time that Subaru was cracking down on this...it's a little harder for a dealer to get away with that at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We got 96m/80000 today for $1595 w/ $100 deductible. Gold Plus.

I feel like its about average at best...probably could have haggled more but we ordered the Ascent so there was a no "off the lot" dynamic and it was getting late...

Ironically this is almost exactly what we sold our other, very old car for.

Feels weird still. I swore up and down we wouldn't do it before we went to get it, but I do worry about the electronics and turbo engine long term. Hope we did alright.

Sprang for windshield too. Garbage roads in our state and the replacement fee on one of these is unbelievable. Checked Safelite while sitting there. I can almost guarantee it'll get hammered within five years.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I missread the post..... out of region purchases can be accomplished but ya have to find A Willing dealer..... my daughter purchased a 10yr 100k mile $0 deductible plan a year ago out of PA. Prices. And availability has changed to some extent since then.... my guess if you can find a deal for that around $2200 take it .... the best time to negotiate for the best extendEd service contract is at the time of purchase by making the sale contingent upon the service contract deal. Ya have to know what the best prevailing price point is. btw I did get a decent price on my last purchase in 2019 in NH
$400-$500 too high even if purchased 2 1/2 years later. The cost to the retailer would be the same everywhere because it is Subaru who underwrites the contract not the dealer. If a region is higher it would be due to collusion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well crud...guess the deal is done. At least people seem to get value out of it.

$400-$500 too high even if purchased 2 1/2 years later. The cost to the retailer would be the same everywhere because it is Subaru who underwrites the contract not the dealer. If a region is higher it would be due to collusion.

·
Registered
2020, Subaru, Ascent Limited
31 Posts
Superior Subaru Houston
Gold plus 7 year / 100k / $100 deductible for $1,350 on a new 2021 Ascent Limited off the lot.

Finance guy's first offer was $2,600 for the $0 deductible plan. Shot that down real quick.

Any chance I can go back in a few days later and negotiate to switch to the $0 deductible? Maybe even the 10 yr / 120k / $0. I was not aware of all my options when negotiating (never did warranty before).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best quotes in AZ I received for the Gold Plus plan for the 2019 Ascent:

8yr / 120k / $0 -- $2020
8yr / 120k / $100 -- $1760
Hi I know your post is almost a year old now but was wondering which dealer in AZ you worked with on this deal .

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got pricing from Ramsey Subaru(NJ), Liberty Subaru(NJ), and our Local dealer(WV) and they ended up matching each other but ended up buying from the dealer that sold us our Ascent since the buying experience was one of the best and smoothest we've ever had. Paid $1,600 plus tax for the 10yr/100,000 mile Gold Plus Warranty with $100 deductible. If you are looking I would definitely get pricing from the 2 dealers above if you can't get good pricing local. Liberty Subaru was also very awesome to deal with and we would have likely bought from them if our dealer didn't match it.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts