Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received the recent price list today from Luke's replacement. They took a big jump! 10/100k/ 0 deductible is $2,570 plus sales tax. The earliest post that reported paying about $1,250 seems to have a great deal. I'm in the market for a 5/100 with or without the deductible. Please feel free to PM me if you know a good deal out there. Thanks! Jack
I emailed both Matt and Planet Subaru and Planet Subaru has the better prices. I’m just trying to make sure it’s a legit Subaru gold plus warranty which it seems to be so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased an 8 year / 120K Gold Plus warranty with a $100 deductible for $3660 in Denver. Is this a bad deal and should I cancel it? I emailed Luke to get a quote yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just purchased an 8 year / 120K Gold Plus warranty with a $100 deductible for $3660 in Denver. Is this a bad deal and should I cancel it? I emailed Luke to get a quote yesterday but haven't heard back yet.
YIKES, pretty high! Find a replacement before canceling. Luke is no longer with Subaru. See if you can search and find his old dealership in CT and call that phone number. I've heard they have decent prices. Also, call all the ones in your area and tell them you are shopping for the best price. Don't tell them what you currently paid. And....call the ones mentioned a couple of post up in this thread

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is horrible. I had multiple dealers in Atlanta selling for far less. All I had to do was mention that I had three years to buy, and that I knew I could get 10/100 0 deductible for $1750 easily. You may have less leverage since you already purchased. I was able to say I would not even consider buying unless the matched or beat $1750

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is horrible. I had multiple dealers in Atlanta selling for far less. All I had to do was mention that I had three years to buy, and that I knew I could get 10/100 0 deductible for $1750 easily. You may have less leverage since you already purchased. I was able to say I would not even consider buying unless the matched or beat $1750
Thanks very much to you and KathyTN. I had a feeling it was too high.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For what it's worth:

I emailed "Luke's" replacement guy. He sent a list price over. Expensive (as noted above).

Called the dealer I bought the car from (Quirk in Braintree MA). They quoted $1700 for 10/100K/100ded. I am going to do it.

Don't use the Luke contact unless you like wasting money

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what it's worth:

I emailed "Luke's" replacement guy. He sent a list price over. Expensive (as noted above).

Called the dealer I bought the car from (Quirk in Braintree MA). They quoted $1700 for 10/100K/100ded. I am going to do it.

Don't use the Luke contact unless you like wasting money
Would you be able to provide the contact at Quirk I can speak to. You can even PM me if you prefer. I too spoke to Luke's replacement and was told the prices went up beginning Aug 1st which I don't believe is true.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would you be able to provide the contact at Quirk I can speak to. You can even PM me if you prefer. I too spoke to Luke's replacement and was told the prices went up beginning Aug 1st which I don't believe is true.
Honestly I just called the number I googled. Guy made it sound like it was their standard price. I'd just give them a buzz and see what they say. I plan to go in soon to lock it up (he said it couldn't be done over the phone, in person only)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
What Subaru dealer in Denver took advantage of you by charging you nearly double the normal price? Was it Mike Shaw Subaru, Schomp Subaru, AutoNation Subaru West, Groove Subaru, AutoNation Subaru Arapahoe, or another dealer? Other people really should know, so they can avoid that dealer at all "costs."

Please, cancel that warranty immediately! You will have to visit the finance office once again, unfortunately. That kind of customer abuse should cost them car sales down the road.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@ Coconut Creek Automotive in FL 7 year 100K miles $1180 for the Gold Plus. This was for a Certified Pre-Owned Ascent Limited with around 6400miles on the clock.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Best quote I'm getting today for a 10/100k $0 deductible plan is $2100 for a 2019. Anyone know of a better deal?
Based on markmyers post above, they paid $400 less for the same term plan but $0 deductible. Since the term is ten years which is actually seven years beyond our factory three year warranty (yes I know it is a more robust) the additional $400 covers four events in seven years. Obviously the chances of covered events occurring increase with time. I wonder if there is any data on other Subaru models under this same plan. The Ascent is too new.

Any thoughts on the deductible other than upfront cash outlay issues?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just signed up for the Gold Plus 10yr/100k with Jim Armstrong Subaru in Hickory, NC at $1,570.00 with a $100 deductible. They had originally quoted me in mid-March but then coronavirus craziness delayed me a bit, so not sure if the number would be different now but they said they'd honor that quote still. Hickory's about 65 miles from me here in Charlotte, but when I first asked them two months ago they said there were no region/market restrictions on the warranties. I spoke with finance manager Mike Houser, 828-322-9372, after initially getting the quote from someone else by submitting the request through their online form. The purchase call took all of 5 minutes. Mileage, VIN, credit card, done.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Based on markmyers post above, they paid $400 less for the same term plan but $0 deductible. Since the term is ten years which is actually seven years beyond our factory three year warranty (yes I know it is a more robust) the additional $400 covers four events in seven years. Obviously the chances of covered events occurring increase with time. I wonder if there is any data on other Subaru models under this same plan. The Ascent is too new.

Any thoughts on the deductible other than upfront cash outlay issues?
One event pretty much pays for the cost savings of the deductible plan. That is why I always choose the zero deductible. If you have two problems running concurrently, then you will have to pay the deductible twice even with only one service visit.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
One event pretty much pays for the cost savings of the deductible plan. That is why I always choose the zero deductible. If you have two problems running concurrently, then you will have to pay the deductible twice even with only one service visit.
As with any of these plans, you have to ask yourself, "ARE YOU FEELING LUCKY"

21 - 40 of 94 Posts