Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm close to buying an Ascent and am sold on the Premium + Convenience Package for everything except the cloth seats. I'm pretty adamant that I want dark leather (3 young kids who know how to maim an interior), but it's obviously not an option unless we jump to Touring. I've looked at the Katzkin aftermarket options and am impressed, but would love to have some more research based info on how they work with the airbags in the seats. Anyone find anything? Everything we read is that Katzkin says they're fine (obvs) and Subaru says they're not (also obvs). Hoping there's a 3rd party out there who rated them. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
If you want black leather, why not opt for a Limited with black leather? That's available (or mandatory) for some exterior colors.

·
Super Moderator
3,896 Posts
That would be a great option, but I'm sold on dark brown leather.
That wasn't clear in your OP...Touring offers both the Java Brown and Black Leather for MY21...and you just said dark. :) I can appreciate you wanting brown. I personally despise black interiors, although the brown pushes my limits, too. Don't rule out the Touring. You might be able to negotiate a deal you can work with, especially if you quality for low/no interest financing with good credit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
FYI, the standard stain guard on the cloth seats Is absolutely effective. We have four kids and dog, and one of them actually pooped on a seat the day we took delivery. :mad:

It wiped right up, no trace remained.

·
Super Moderator
2,450 Posts
@noodlenoggin pics or it didn’t happen!
On second thought I’ll take your word for it.
I can also attest to how well the cloth cleans up. My 5 kids have yet to leave a stain in almost 2.5 years

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
... We have four kids and dog, and one of them actually pooped on a seat the day we took delivery...
Am I right assuming it was one of the kids and not the dog?

"After we got married, we were trying to decide whether to have kids or get a dog. We figured the choice was between wrecking our carpets or wrecking our lives, so got the dog."

·
Registered
577 Posts
Katzkin is the aftermarket option through a lot of dealers, including ours and it was covered under the factory warranty if we wanted it. But we went with the limited base. The leather trim pieces, not avaliable through aftermarket, led lights, and center display were well worth the cost bump. And fwiw we have 2 kids and a dog which have yet to affect the leather seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all! We went with a Premium and I have custom katzkin seats on order. They will be doing the trim pieces and console too. I got my Premium with convenience package 12 and option package 4 + wireless charger for 35,800, and it was a much better deal for me to just add $2k for the premium dark brown leather. I can't wait to see them installed! I'm also feeling my kids must be especially gross 😂. We drive 25k miles a year in a rural area and eat on the go way too much. Trying to keep that from happening with the new car!

·
Super Moderator
3,896 Posts
They really look great, Lauren! Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: ChuckKaty1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.