Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Delivery of our new abiss blue peal premium and the question I have is with the TPMS not registering any tire pressures for any of the 4 tires on the center display. How is one able to change this or does the dealer have to do it? Sure love dome help in this area as I am sure I am not the only one that has ran into this issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought that was weird, too. I had to look it up.

Page 346 of the manual:
“The tire pressure monitoring system will activate only when the vehicle is driven at speeds above 20 mph (32 km/h).”

So I guess the only way to see current pressure is WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING. Surprised by this as Subaru is so safety conscious. I guess to read the cold pressure you check them as soon as you start driving above 20 mph.

Also, mine was delivered indicating pressure in kPa and I had yo change the settings to read in psi.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You can see the tire pressure from "MySubaru" app. Go to Vehicle Status, then Vehicle Condition Check. It will show you the pressures there. Also your odometer and fuel status and average MPG.

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think it takes some driving (and certain speeds) before it registers a reading. Much like how everything gets refreshed after every drive. When I got the car, I didnt have a reading on for all 4 tires either. It wasnt until I drove it around for a bit before it registered on the app.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I thought that was weird, too. I had to look it up.

Page 346 of the manual:
“The tire pressure monitoring system will activate only when the vehicle is driven at speeds above 20 mph (32 km/h).”

So I guess the only way to see current pressure is WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING. Surprised by this as Subaru is so safety conscious. I guess to read the cold pressure you check them as soon as you start driving above 20 mph.

Also, mine was delivered indicating pressure in kPa and I had yo change the settings to read in psi.
This isn't a Subaru thing...this is a 'every car I have ever driven' thing. True tire pressure changes once you start driving. The friction of the road slightly warms the air inside the tire...causing it to expand (remember Physics class?). Any tire pressure given while the tires are cold and have been sitting, would be a false reading.

Reactions: kathytn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts