Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just stopped by my local dealership (Heritage Subaru in Owings Mills), to finalize details regarding my trade in and whether I was going to lease or finance, and I have to say, they had 3 there I could have chose from had I decided on getting one in a different color than originally ordered (White Touring). Seeing the trio really solidified my decision to go with the ascent, and driving it put the nail in the coffin.

First things first, the new 2.4T drives like an absolute champ. The torque curve is unreal, I cant wait to tow my boat with this fine piece of engineering. My sales consultant seemed very knowledgeable and had answers to 98% of the questions I had, so I'm not longing for info. (PS if any of you are local check out this dealership, specifically Konstantine as he is the ascent man (his coworkers words, not his))

I can't wait till MY ascent arrives. Although should I get impatient I might have to go pick up one of the two tourings they had available.

Anyone else in the boat of extreme anticipation?

PS, anyone else planning on putting a tune on this? :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just stopped by my local dealership (Heritage Subaru in Owings Mills), to finalize details regarding my trade in and whether I was going to lease or finance, and I have to say, they had 3 there I could have chose from had I decided on getting one in a different color than originally ordered (White Touring). Seeing the trio really solidified my decision to go with the ascent, and driving it put the nail in the coffin.

First things first, the new 2.4T drives like an absolute champ. The torque curve is unreal, I cant wait to tow my boat with this fine piece of engineering. My sales consultant seemed very knowledgeable and had answers to 98% of the questions I had, so I'm not longing for info. (PS if any of you are local check out this dealership, specifically Konstantine as he is the ascent man (his coworkers words, not his))

I can't wait till MY ascent arrives. Although should I get impatient I might have to go pick up one of the two tourings they had available.

Anyone else in the boat of extreme anticipation?

PS, anyone else planning on putting a tune on this? :tango_face_wink:
Glad you liked it. I'm still waiting on my local dealers to get their second load so I can test drive a Limited one.
BTW did you preorder from Heritage only or somewhere and what was the price you received?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you liked it. I'm still waiting on my local dealers to get their second load so I can test drive a Limited one.
BTW did you preorder from Heritage only or somewhere and what was the price you received?
Thanks!
Like to know as well since i preordered a limited from heritage too
Pashi, only ordered from Heritage as I've been a loyal customer. My sales consultant was very straightforward and offered me $500 off sticker, and a strong value for my trade. My car isn't slotted to arrive until late July. So I'm content with it.

rdav375 check above. Who is your consultant?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pashi, only ordered from Heritage as I've been a loyal customer. My sales consultant was very straightforward and offered me $500 off sticker, and a strong value for my trade. My car isn't slotted to arrive until late July. So I'm content with it.

rdav375 check above. Who is your consultant?
Thanks!
Not sure if it helps or not, but I contacted many dealers including Heritage and they offered 1k off MSRP. That was the straight forward offer I received.
but hey, you are a loyal customer and you might get something else with your Ascent's lifetime and may be some discounts on extended warranty etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!
Not sure if it helps or not, but I contacted many dealers including Heritage and they offered 1k off MSRP. That was the straight forward offer I received.
but hey, you are a loyal customer and you might get something else with your Ascent's lifetime and may be some discounts on extended warranty etc.
Hmmm, good to know actually. Ill ask my sales consultant if he's able to get me that additional $500, but in the grand scheme of things, its not a deal breaker for me.

What is a deal breaker though is if they drill into my front bumper for the license plate during the prep/delivery process. I will not be taking delivery if that happens.

Where are you taking delivery of yours from?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hmmm, good to know actually. Ill ask my sales consultant if he's able to get me that additional $500, but in the grand scheme of things, its not a deal breaker for me.

What is a deal breaker though is if they drill into my front bumper for the license plate during the prep/delivery process. I will not be taking delivery if that happens.

Where are you taking delivery of yours from?
Yeah that sucks, I'm in PA and I don't think we have a front plate issue :tango_face_wink:
I'm going with Browns Subaru in Manassas, VA. Sure its a couple hours drive but savings are more than 2k with my local dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts