Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Rhode Island. With all the winter storms we have here a Subaru is a necessity. It will be my first Subaru purchase although my husband has had one in the past. I've decided on the Limited because cloth is not for me and I refuse to spend 45K plus for a vehicle. Anyone else own or considering a Limited Ascent? Anyone from Rhode Island on here?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi from Rhode Island. With all the winter storms we have here a Subaru is a necessity. It will be my first Subaru purchase although my husband has had one in the past. I've decided on the Limited because cloth is not for me and I refuse to spend 45K plus for a vehicle. Anyone else own or considering a Limited Ascent? Anyone from Rhode Island on here?
We too, have driven the limited and really liked it. Our dilemma is we also like the new Forester, and must actually drive it to make a true comparison. We are two people (retirees) that really do not need all that room. But we do have kids and grandkids close by that occasionally ride with us. For us the smart purchase would probably be the Forester touring in sepia bronze or white with brown leather (beautiful combo). But the Ascent is so nice!! With the bench seat, we could leave the third seat down 99% of the time - have 47 cubic feet of cargo volume - and still be able to carry up to 5 people. Only time will tell. Another point. It may be easier to purchase the forester over the limited using the ASPCA VIP method giving you as much as 2% below invoice after you make your $500 donation. A lot of good sources of information on this forum. Whatever we decide, we will probably buy in November or December, seeking the best possible price. Good Luck! Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi, expecting my Limited in a few weeks. I had leather in my car now, so I wanted it again. Also got the sunroof, that was the 2nd must have for me..lol. And you cant go wrong with a Subaru in the winter. I missed having one the past 3 winters!! Not that we got really bad weather , but it really nice to have.?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also test drove an Ascent and my wife and I loved it. We currently have a 2006 Honda Pilot which has been a great vehicle. We narrowed our choice down to a 2019 Pilot EX-L or an Ascent and we decided on the Ascent and ordered one in Limited trim about a week ago. I used the Costco auto buying service and got a quote for $3000 discount from MSRP on the 2019 Pilot but only $500 off MSRP for an Ascent. This made the price for both (comparably equipped) almost identical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts