Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Just got my 2020 Ascent

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bala 
#1 ·
I ended up trading in my 2018 Outback for the 2020 Ascent. When I got my OB I went from a Pathfinder to the wagon and I thought I didn't want to size of the SUV. While I loved the OB, I really started missing the 3rd row option and the cargo room in general. The first time we went the visit relatives for christmas with the kids or on vacation I really missed the space. Its kinda dumb but with my previous cars I have not really found THE color. The Blue is finally the color I have been wanting for years. I had the Twilight Blue in the OB but it wasn't quite the right shade, just a little lighter than I wanted. I got the Touring Trim so its loaded. It even came with the sun shade for the from windshield, cross bars installed (I won't use them though), hitch (also won't use), and sun shades in the 3rd row. The biggest seller other than being a Subaru was the back window camera so I can load up the cargo area and not worry about visibility. I don't know why more SUVs don't have this option.

Couple of things I will have to get used to. The secondary screen, while cool and I will like the extra info, feels set forward too much. Like it feels too far away. The OB was a little tighter on the interior, the Ascent is so roomy, I have more elbow room. The layout of the infotainment center is a little different and I keep looking down to it for the clock.

Little things that I love. The sun shades on the second row are great. The storage under the cargo area fits my long umbrella (it seems dumb but in the OB I had to angle it in the cargo area). Second row captains chairs are nice to separate the kids (haha). Front camera is nice, it helps getting into the garage. I wish they offered 360 camera or the proximity alarms for the corners of the car.

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on the new Ascent ride. I am trading in my 2018 Crosstrek on a 2020 Ascent order and waiting for the build to be completed and delivery to my dealer. I absolutely love my Crosstrek but wanted the extra space the Ascent provides. Looking forward to the Ascent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.