Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my first order back when the order banks first opened (2/15/2018)and agreed on MSRP pricing. I recently read about Subaru VIP pricing and called my dealer to find out if they would honor that pricing. They said they would not honor it or give me a discount so I cancelled my order and placed an order through another dealer (Jones Junction Bel Air) as they promised to honor VIP pricing.

Just as an FYI Jones said I could sign up for VIP at any point up to delivery and still get the deal. For those that ordered it is as simple as donating $500 to the ASPCA to become a Subaru VIP member.

Now I'm just hoping I wasn't bumped out too far with a September delivery date! But in the process I'll be saving around $3,000.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
I placed my first order back when the order banks first opened (2/15/2018)and agreed on MSRP pricing. I recently read about Subaru VIP pricing and called my dealer to find out if they would honor that pricing. They said they would not honor it or give me a discount so I cancelled my order and placed an order through another dealer (Jones Junction Bel Air) as they promised to honor VIP pricing.

Just as an FYI Jones said I could sign up for VIP at any point up to delivery and still get the deal. For those that ordered it is as simple as donating $500 to the ASPCA to become a Subaru VIP member.

Now I'm just hoping I wasn't bumped out too far with a September delivery date! But in the process I'll be saving around $3,000.
Stinks that your wait will be longer, but $3K is definitely worth it.

Reactions: amr2579

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered by Outback that way (with a Leave No Trace membership). Besides the actual discount, it's worth it just to avoid to stupid car dealership haggling nonsense. Just tell them what you want and they show you the price, easy peasy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Off Topic...where can you find which organization memberships qualify for Subaru VIP pricing? It seems like a good deal all around.

I just want to make sure I am a member/donate to an organization I support.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Whoa - you've been a "long-time" member and one of the early purchasers of the Ascent. That's awesome pricing that you're getting. Do you know if the VIP pricing includes 2% off invoice for all the add-ons (e.g., Option 23)?

·
Registered
120 Posts

Whoa - you've been a "long-time" member and one of the early purchasers of the Ascent. That's awesome pricing that you're getting. Do you know if the VIP pricing includes 2% off invoice for all the add-ons (e.g., Option 23)?
Yes it does. It also includes factory installed accessories.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes it does. It also includes factory installed accessories.

When we last bought a new Subaru the Leave No Trace VIP was 2% off invoice, but that changed to invoice only, a year or two ago.

I know there's more than one VIP program level; How did you get 2%?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am very interested in donating the the ASPCA and becoming a Subaru VIP member. How do I know if a dealer would honor the Subaru VIP Program?

I've spoken to a half dozen dealers in my area and most are saying they're not honoring the Subaru VIP Program since this is a new car. However, I have two dealers who said they would honor it if Subaru doesn't have any restrictions (sounded like some runaround answer IMO).

Any advice or guidance from the forum members here?

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
I am very interested in donating the the ASPCA and becoming a Subaru VIP member. How do I know if a dealer would honor the Subaru VIP Program?

I've spoken to a half dozen dealers in my area and most are saying they're not honoring the Subaru VIP Program since this is a new car. However, I have two dealers who said they would honor it if Subaru doesn't have any restrictions (sounded like some runaround answer IMO).

Subaru's VIP Program staff will help you find a dealer that participates. New models aren't always eligible (in the past), which is where the confusion comes from. The VIP Team can help with that as well. You'll get login information or a program code, and contact information to get assistance when/if needed.

BUT, the question is whether or not the Ascent will be eligible. See Carl's post here:
>> http://www.ascentforums.com/forum/5...urchasing/949-discount-msrp-36.html#post17533

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is a VIP pricing? Is this certain amount under invoice, or invoice or something else?
I'm not sure what the exact pricing is but according to the email I have from Subaru VIP it is up to $4,000 off the Ascent Touring.

Off Topic...where can you find which organization memberships qualify for Subaru VIP pricing? It seems like a good deal all around.

I just want to make sure I am a member/donate to an organization I support.
For the ASPCA if you donate $500 become a VIP member instantly most others make you wait 6 months before you can use the VIP program. That is why I'm going with the ASPCA although I have donated time at other animal shelters.

The dealer I actually put in a preorder with would not honor it at all and said MSRP only. I called others to find one that would and decided to give them my business. Granted I have leased a Subaru from this same dealership in the past and it is only 30 miles away.

Subaru's VIP Program staff will help you find a dealer that participates. New models aren't always eligible (in the past), which is where the confusion comes from. The VIP Team can help with that as well. You'll get login information or a program code, and contact information to get assistance when/if needed.

BUT, the question is whether or not the Ascent will be eligible. See Carl's post here:
>> http://www.ascentforums.com/forum/5...urchasing/949-discount-msrp-36.html#post17533
I have a note directly from Subaru saying the Ascent will be included. I'll post that in a post below this one. It sounds like this was confirmed just recently which is why I checked into it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here is the body of an email I received directly from [email protected]

Subaru VIP said:
Dear Mr. Davis,

Thank you for your interest in the Subaru VIP Program thru ASPCA.

ASPCA VIP customers can save close to $4,000 off the MSRP of the Ascent Touring.

Although Heritage Subaru does participate in our VIP Program, you will not be able to apply the discount to your current Ascent order. Our discount cannot be applied to sales or orders completed prior to receiving your VIP Authorization Form.

If you are considering cancelling your order so you can use the VIP discount, please note, due to the high demand of the Ascent, many retailers have filled their first allocation of Ascents and new orders will likely arrive in August/September.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Edit: While it mentions that you need the form first Jones Junction said you only need the form when you take delivery and said I just need to show up with the VIP Authorization form when I sign for the vehicle. Heritage made it sound the same way but just refused to honor that pricing.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Edit: While it mentions that you need the form first Jones Junction said you only need the form when you take delivery and said I just need to show up with the VIP Authorization form when I sign for the vehicle. Heritage made it sound the same way but just refused to honor that pricing.
I can confirm that the Ascent is included with the VIP program. Received about the same email as above from the VIP program folks this morning.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered from heritage as well. Doesnt seem like they will budge on anything.
Just an update as I cannot edit my prior posts but Heritage did offer $1,000 off the MSRP. I think I might have misheard them. Just as an FYI.

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts

There's no completed order yet, which is what I think ASPCA is confusing/misunderstanding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wanted to jump in to say that my dealership in Vermont honored my recently received VIP status through ASPCA. I pre-ordered in February. My premium 7p op12 was $37,129 (with hitch) MSRP down to $34,034.90. (hitch was still included at full $499).

I will also say ASPCA was great and very quick to receive the required VIP document. I donated yesterday morning. Sent a request for the VIP paperwork and they had it back to me and a copy sent to the dealer in less than an hour.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, how exactly does VIP participation work? Is it where if a dealership participates, then they accept ALL programs out there? Or can dealerships choose to participate in specific VIP programs, but not others. ie: dealership A honors VIP promotion, but only for ASPCA and Chase program, and not Costco?

Additionally, are VIP perks different between programs? Or is it all the same? Is it always a certain percentage off invoice? @davebots, you received 8.33% percent off MSRP. How was that percentage calculated? Can I expect the same percentage discount if also using ASPCA VIP program?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts