Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what purpose this subscription use for. 1GB data, Wifi Spot ? Do I could use StartLink full function if it is expired after 1 month ?

·
Administrator
11,928 Posts
You get 1GB data or 30 days, whichever comes first. That is primarily for the ability to create a WiFi hotspot for other electronics in the car.

The full service is $20/month or $10/month for those with existing qualifying AT&T cell accounts, and is "unlimited" (up to 22GB and then things are throttled).

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
841 Posts
I just yesterday added the Ascent to our 2 phone 12gb AT&T data plan for $10 a month. The car will now share the 12gb with our smart phones, no additional data. You have to go with the $20 per month plan to get "unlimited" data, which I believe is throttled after the first 22gb. Using our phones in the car used the data plan with or without the built-in Wi-Fi hot spot but hoping for a little better range in fringe areas because of the car's more powerful cell radio.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
96 Posts
You get 1GB data or 30 days, whichever comes first. That is primarily for the ability to create a WiFi hotspot for other electronics in the car.
Wait- so the only thing I lose if I don't get another dang phone line is wi fi hotspot within the car?
What about Starlink SOS, and most especially- Starlink remote Start? How do they connect if not through ATT?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.