Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted in a few other post but I figured I'd start a thread for all the July push backs. Below are my details: Anyone care to share.

Ordered: 23 March
Due: July
Push back: 5 Aug...Then 6 Aug
Latest: Unsure of the status, as soon as the dealers hears something he'll let me know....so I guess I'm cliff hanging.

Trim: Touring
Color: Abyss Blue

Only add on was the rear bumper cover.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep, July delivery here but no car and July came and went. Ordered a Blue Touring, added a few extras ... hitch, auto dimming mirrors, side molding, door edge protection, splash guards, rear bumper cover, all weather mats...maybe something else, I don’t remember. Order was placed at the end of May. Have been given a new date of August 18th, we will see!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These push backs *could* have something to do with the weld inspections they're doing, or possibly the hitch fixes.
I was told mine wasn't due to the weld, and I didn't order a hitch so there is a new mystery problem, but I think it's only with the touring. That's kinda why I started to this thread to see what other trims were pushed backed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Impatiently waiting....

Not a crew that I wanted to be a part of, but if they are fixing something on the car before they deliver it they can take their time. I bought the Black Touring model, no hitch, but a few add-ons like the sill plate and floor mats. We bought the car at the beginning of July, we got lucky, someone else ordered the car when they first became available to order but then changed their minds about the color and ordered a white one instead. My wife and I jumped on it. We were expecting it to hit port on July 18th, but then found out it was delayed to August 15th. I see other folks are waiting longer for theirs so I am not complaining, just impatiently waiting, like a kid waiting for Christmas!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am in the same push back, order end of march have VIN and delivery of this Monday and no car, I am actually calling SOA right now to ask whats up.

EDIT for me Subaru says dealer should of had the car Monday, and I haven't heard from the dealer so guessing its in transit to dealer still or I will get a call next couple of days.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer texted my around noon and said there was no change. The vehicle was still in “complete” status. When I got home work I decided to call call SOA (yes I’m that guy sry) and they told me the status was “shipped”. So either the dealer is full of crap or the status changed between when they check and I called. Ethier way if it’s shipped it shouldn’t take that long to go 200 miles. I’ll keep you posted!

·
Registered
965 Posts
My dealer texted my around noon and said there was no change. The vehicle was still in “complete” status. When I got home work I decided to call call SOA (yes I’m that guy sry) and they told me the status was “shipped”. So either the dealer is full of crap or the status changed between when they check and I called. Ethier way if it’s shipped it shouldn’t take that long to go 200 miles. I’ll keep you posted!
Or SOA is looking at a different database.

The one I get to see gets updated twice daily and that's it. So I've pulled up cars, saw no change, then literally an hour later things show changed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Or SOA is looking at a different database.

The one I get to see gets updated twice daily and that's it. So I've pulled up cars, saw no change, then literally an hour later things show changed.
Have not heard from the dealer yet today, but SOA ( I also am that guy to that calls once a week) shows car should of been there on the 6th.

·
Registered
646 Posts
From what I've heard there wasn't much of a demand for the brown and they're having to fly in the other paint colors from Antarctica.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would mean limited trims would be pushed back too. It's just anecdotal evidence, but it seems that it's the touring that's getting pushed.
Yeah it seems like a touring issue...but according to SOA mine has shipped. I'm waiting on the dealer to confirm that. I still really want the subie, the with used our VIN last night to order the badge of ownership, so kinda have to buy it now :)

Soon...soon...soon...it'll be the driveway.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I am in the same push back, order end of march have VIN and delivery of this Monday and no car, I am actually calling SOA right now to ask whats up.

EDIT for me Subaru says dealer should of had the car Monday, and I haven't heard from the dealer so guessing its in transit to dealer still or I will get a call next couple of days.

I wonder if they received your car and are fussing with putting the hitch on? If I recall, you said earlier that you were having a hitch installed at the dealership (????)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I wonder if they received your car and are fussing with putting the hitch on? If I recall, you said earlier that you were having a hitch installed at the dealership (????)
no hitch for us we decide to wait

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just got off her phone with SOA and I don’t even have a VIN yet? Im so frustrated with this situation and am not hopeful that I’ll even have a delivery this month! I see people with VINs usually weeks out from delivery, mine is supposed to be here in a week, how is that even possible without an actual vehicle number. Should just go get the Highlander I drove yesterday. Not feeling the love Subaru!!!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts