Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be pickling up my 2020 Ascent later today! I am so happy I found this forum, as I know I already have a bunch of questions, with the first one being; why is remote start not available via Starlink or MySubaru Apps? Is an external remote starter the only option?? But yes I am excited and looking for to it!!!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,154 Posts
Welcome to the team!

You must have push button start to use the StartLink remote start feature and yes, a fob-based option is available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. It will have the push button start it will be the 2nd highest trim (Limited here in Canada). Is any additional hardware required for the vehicle, or just the payed subscription? Thanks again!

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
Thanks Jim. It will have the push button start it will be the 2nd highest trim (Limited here in Canada). Is any additional hardware required for the vehicle, or just the payed subscription? Thanks again!
Just the subscription, if it's available in Canada. Your dealership should be able to advise you if it's available in your region of Canada. If it's not available in your region, then your only option is the FOB based start, which does require a control module to be installed. I have both, and use both interchangeably, depending on my needs and the climate.

·
Registered
437 Posts
We had both, key fob on our 2016 Subaru Impreza sport , 3 button lock hold thing.. then traded in for the Ascent with subscription.

Personally I prefer the key if you close by or if the cars in the garage. The app works great if your not close to your car.

In the long run, the subscription will cost more than the key fob install option. But.. the app allows setting heated seat and ac/ heat temps.

😉

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Ach, I missed the Canada flag...bingo. No ATT cellular service up there which is how MySubaru utilizes StarLink. (Unless something has changed for Canadian geography and StarLink.

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will be pickling up my 2020 Ascent later today! I am so happy I found this forum, as I know I already have a bunch of questions, with the first one being; why is remote start not available via Starlink or MySubaru Apps? Is an external remote starter the only option?? But yes I am excited and looking for to it!!!
Subaru Starlink will allow remote starting from your phone via app. The fob will cost you around $300 ish to my knowledge. My vehicle came with roadside assistance and all that jazz but I had to purchase three years of STARLINK for $70.00. The app is great, all kinds of features and options for locking doors and locating vehicle.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts