1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,439 Posts
Theres not a lot of room behind the fuse box cover panel so I'm doubting it would be able to close if it fits. It does look promising for someone who puts their brake controller there, some modification required...

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
It fits fine, and is what I use.

BUT, if you plan on using fuse taps, then it probably won't unless they're low profile. For instance, I am looking into installing a fuse tap so I can power my CB.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,886 Posts
or instance, I am looking into installing a fuse tap so I can power my CB.
Oh, my...I haven't used one of those things since like the early 1980s... LOL But when off the beaten path they certainly are good to have, as long as someone is out there listening, of course.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,886 Posts
I don't even remember how I referred to myself back then in the days of "breaker one-nine" and "good buddy"... ROFLOL

Reactions: GaryInMI

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I have one from a JDM wrx that I used on two of my outbacks and now my ascent. It fits fine but you lose the fuse diagram.
Those cost under a buck... I bought one and replaced the one on the drawer door I had. I had posted this in the Facebook group... meant to post it here:

Here's how to get a little extra storage space in your Subaru Ascent.

The Fuse Tray Cover can be found here:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074GR9P9Q/

The replacement fuse box label for the 2019 Ascent is:
■ PN 82245XC00A
■ (you can grab one at your dealer for under a dollar)

#SubaruAmbassador #SubieMods

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those cost under a buck... I bought one and replaced the one on the drawer door I had. I had posted this in the Facebook group... meant to post it here:

■ PN 82245XC00A

Thank you. I made a photo copy and laminated it. The sticker is a much nicer option. $.60 at my dealer.

·
Registered
58 Posts

■ PN 82245XC00A

Is that the same PN for the 2020 Ascent?

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Probably not. There were some electrical changes to accommodate the new features, such as power mirrors on the Touring and interior lighting changes.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The fuse diagram does appear in the manual, where it can be copied, scanned/scaled/printed on label stock, laminated, etc as best fits the bill.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Probably not. There were some electrical changes to accommodate the new features, such as power mirrors on the Touring and interior lighting changes.
The fuse diagram does appear in the manual, where it can be copied, scanned/scaled/printed on label stock, laminated, etc as best fits the bill.
Ok, I had a break, and, I checked. Subaru Parts site says it's for every trim level Ascent, for 2019-2020.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It fits fine, and is what I use.

BUT, if you plan on using fuse taps, then it probably won't unless they're low profile. For instance, I am looking into installing a fuse tap so I can power my CB.
I purchased one and just installed it this morning. Fits perfectly. I removed the fuse layout sticker from my OEM cover and put it on the JessicaAlba door. If you remove it slowly it will come off undamaged and you can stick it on the new door. Keep in mind what Robert says above though.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I purchased one and just installed it this morning. Fits perfectly. I removed the fuse layout sticker from my OEM cover and put it on the JessicaAlba door. If you remove it slowly it will come off undamaged and you can stick it on the new door. Keep in mind what Robert says above though.
I probably should have warmed mine up a bit. I think it was too cold when I tried peeling off mine. Worse thing is, I knew better. It's like removing other stickers or wraps - a little heat helps a lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts