Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday,after gassing up and entering a highway with the cruise control set on 60 miles an hour, my Ascent delivered over 30 mpg on a 50 mile trip.

In town use with multiple stop and gos, when it barely gets over 35 mile per hour, the mpg drops to 18 mph.

I know, the solution is to move out west.where you go 100 miles for read.

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
There are a number of threads that discuss fuel economy, both challenges and how to maximize. It's far easier to improve highway numbers than it is for short-trip; stop-and-go stuff, however.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's exactly how mine is. I live in a rural area so we don't have many stoplights. Hence I get about 22mpg average driving our country roads with a few stop signs. But once I go into San Francisco, for example, my MPG drops to crap. And yeah, I've gotten an indicated 29 mpg on the freeway with 2 adults, 3 kids, dog, load of stuff in the back, and a fully loaded rooftop case. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
That's exactly how mine is. I live in a rural area so we don't have many stoplights. Hence I get about 22mpg average driving our country roads with a few stop signs. But once I go into San Francisco, for example, my MPG drops to crap. And yeah, I've gotten an indicated 29 mpg on the freeway with 2 adults, 3 kids, dog, load of stuff in the back, and a fully loaded rooftop case. Go figure.
that is because in SF there is a lot of crap to drive around (literally).

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
When I lived in SF area, I rode my moto a lot. Yay for "lane sharing"!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.