Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone wondering what these look like on an Ascent, here you go.

Came across them while searching for a descent rooftop box. They're half the price of competitors, and seem pretty well built for the price. With a coupon I found online it was $223 total, tax and shipping (free) included. Direct from the Jegs website.

Picked it up in preparation for an upcoming family trip, so I can't tell you how mpg are affected yet. After a test fit though I can tell you that it's very solid, and HUGE. Should definitely help clear up some cabin space. Just gotta remember not to pull in the garage on our return home ?

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cool - thanks for posting. I was looking at this exact one as I dont want to spend a fortune on thule and yakima for something Ill use once it twice a summer. I still may not buy it, but yeah post back on mpg and noise!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah yes, sorry. Haven't been on the forum in a while. So mpg numbers will be swayed, as we were towing our boat as well (19ft center console, probably weighs 3500lbs). We averaged 13.2 mpg for the trip. However I am happy to report the wind noise was extremely minimal, barely noticeable at all. Matter of fact, at one point I retracted our sunroof shade to make sure the cargo carrier was still there. I'm very happy with it. Waterproof too, we went through some strong rain storms. Everything inside stayed dry.
Only thing I'd change is maybe figure out a way to switch out the arms that hold it open for some type of pneumatic variant. It's kind of awkward trying to get them in position to hold the carrier open while loading/unloading. Other than that though, it's great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts