Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru, really? A month ago I would have said never having been a Ford/Chevy guy for more years than I care to say. But, being an expert in the field of being a good husband when the wife says she wants to change vehicles I know my job is to get it done. Our last 3 vehicles have been Acadia's, the last a 2017 Denali. The first 2 were 7 passenger and the last a 6. We are blessed with 8 grandchildren with 5 of them being ages 2 to 11. Sometimes we have all 5 and need a spot for them. Couldn't do that with the Acadia so grandma said find me a 7 passenger. My son and daughter in law have an 18 Outback and my sister in law has an 18 Forrester and suggested I look at Subaru. After an intense, short term research we test drove an Ascent. The wife said I want it.

The dealer was awful on price claiming the Touring models are sold before they get there. We test drove a Limited as they had no Touring's. A few hundred bucks off MSRP was offered and no where near a reasonable trade in for an almost perfect condition, low mileage Acadia Denali. I mentioned to a friend what we were doing and he said I want your Acadia. We settled on a very fair price for him and a much better deal for me. Since no Touring's were available at our local dealer and I needed one quickly I did an internet search and found a red Touring, exactly what the wife wanted, with the 2a package within 200 miles and priced at invoice. Took all of 2 minutes to buy it.

We pick it up Saturday and I sincerely hope it is everything Consumers Reports and folks on this forum say it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi JDT, I also had to go further out to find my Ascent after many months of watching reviews and reading consumer reports I decided that this was going to be my next vehicle. I am waiting to pick mine up which should have been delievered to the dealer yesterday but still waiting to hear from them. All the dealers near me were not willing to give much of a discount on the price (which I understand, hence it being a new model) but when we decided to expand our search we found the same touring trim with the 2A popular package for a little less then 4K then any of the dealers had offered us close to home. I am willing to drive almost 300 miles to pick up the car but for service related issues I will have to find one close to me that is good. There are a few post here regarding folks who purchased the Ascent and what kind of deal they received that you can compare.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The dealer was awful on price claiming the Touring models are sold before they get there. We test drove a Limited as they had no Touring's.
I don't know if you talked to me or not, but we really are having to order all Touring or Limited models. I have a total of one (1) Ascent with leather inbound in my pipeline that's not pre-sold. We've sold 80 of them so far, I personally have sold nearly half of those. The red Touring we had on our lot was a cancelled order, same with the Abyss Blue Limited I now have available. I have several cloth ones on the ground.

From our perspective, it's a supply and demand situation. They simply can't keep up with the demand on the supply side. Maybe in a few months it'll change, I just don't know. But I did just take another order for one on Monday for February delivery, because there simply aren't ones out there in a lot of trim and color combinations.

In any event, welcome to the forum and if you're on my side of town, stop on in and say hi.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Carl, wasn't you as you are not that close to us. We are east of you by a ways. Enough said. I knew you didn't have anything in stock when I did the web search. I was a more than a little frantic as our friends wanted our Acadia now so I feel very lucky in finding something that quickly.

I want to compliment you as I have read everything I could on this forum to try to educate myself. Your posts are always thoughtful and your knowledge shows which adds authenticity to your responses. I am a long time member of a couple of rv forums, a bass boat forum and a Ford HD truck forum and it's nice to have an insiders viewpoint. Helps to balance out the WAG's (wild something guesses). Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts