Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Jalopnik review...

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Burutoo 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I REALLY want to do an infomercial or review, if I could only get my hands on one long enough, but, there's only two dealerships near me getting it in the near future, and they're booking every available bit of time for test drives.

Worst part is, I have LOTS of experience doing very high end videos (and anything less high end is easy). I even have a team.

I am thinking of at least doing a Q&A video and posting that on my Subaru Ambassador page, until things calm down enough that I can get some time with one and perhaps with some dealership personnel.

There's the other bonus - I'm willing to (inadvertently) plug a dealership or two, by asking them some of the questions, and intro'ing them: "I'm here at ____ Subaru test driving the new 2019 Subaru Ascent. This is ______, their _____, who's going to help get us some answers to some of the most popular questions I've been asked".

#5 ·
If they did a useful journalistic take, they (Stef, the blogger) would compare the VW Atlas to the Ascent. She just completed a "story" about using the Atlas as a long distance tow vehicle for her race car, so she should be able to do a nice comparison between the two in many aspects. Knowing how Jalopnik operates, however, we probably won't get that useful of information...

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
#9 ·
I am also pretty surprised at how little discussion there has been around the engine. That is on the technical side anyway. I’m curious if we are seeing a modern trend of going back to lower boost levels helping with durability and longevity yet providing the kick to help the smaller displacement engine with higher hp. Much like the old Volvos like the 240 the low boost turbos lasted a long time and those tractor engines were nearly indestructible.

Are these modern lower HP dit engines a modern version of those old low boost engines?

#10 ·
#11 ·
I'm not holding my breath on their review. Jalopnik is readable (unlike the rest of GMG which has progressively slid so snarkily left it is near unreadable. I usually just click their sources to read it without the carefully crafted snark.) I'd like to see a site like TTAC get their hands on it. I'd also like to see reviews by the average mom/dad with a few kids who can give actual real-world feedback as a family hauler. Most likely place to get that will be here in the coming months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.