Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have an Outback looking to trade on on the Ascent. The one we are looking at has the Ivory interior (outback is black). For those who have the ivory interior..., how well does it wear, how easily does it show dirt?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the White Limited with ivory leather interior. I dig the look. I usually go for a black interior but my last two cars have been black so figure I'll change it up a bit. It feels more spacious too, for some reason. I wanted the touring but wasn't a big fan of the interior. The seats, I'm OK with but there's too much different colors going on lol (seating, wood panels, ascent trims, pillars, etc).

Not a big fan of the ivory accent trim but with the ivory seats, everything flows really well from the accent trims, ivory door trim to the seats. Also, it matches the pillars and car's upper half (if that makes sense). I thought the blue and ivory color scheme looked really nice too.

I would imagine it requires more upkeep to keep it clean but I haven't had any issues yet. We shall see.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Currently have an Outback looking to trade on on the Ascent. The one we are looking at has the Ivory interior (outback is black). For those who have the ivory interior..., how well does it wear, how easily does it show dirt?
I haven't received our Ascent yet but I can speak from my experience having a Beige interior in my current VW Passat. Both have a slight different color, but I noticed Ascent has more soft feel to touch. Ivory/Beige/Tan all these colors make your car so spacious and it looks classy and more premium feeling. But I'm not gonna lie, you have to clean it once every few months and if you have messy making kids, may be spot cleanups frequently.
I used to clean/wash my car every few weeks (stopped after VW diesel scandal) and even now my car looks very clean inside and very few spot issues not because of the light leather but the Alacantra leather inserts (its more like a fabric material and absorbs dirt easily).

·
Registered
34 Posts
We got the black cloth interior in ours and very much regret it. It shows dirt very badly on the trim and carpet area as well as the seats. I was worried about koolaid stains and the like when I talked my wife into the black interior but I didn't account for the dirt and dust that would get in when we opened the doors after driving down the two miles of gravel road we live on. If you don't have gravel roads or messy children black would probably be fine.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I've never own black interior cars, only lighter colors (tan, maroon, gray, brown). We owned a black car and there's something inherent about dark color requires a lot of attention to make it look good. Otherwise, black color drives the feel of the car down dramatically ... just a feeling I have.

·
Registered
225 Posts
We have a grey interior car which is a bit darker and it has held up well. The biggest issue with the light interior is when you get a black scuff from something it becomes a pain to get off. I've had a black interior in my last car and I loved it. Dust will show, but it stays much cleaner in the long run and doesn't show stains or dirt as much. I was always amazed when I wiped the seats just how dirty they actually were. For the reason we went with black on the inside, but I also love the storm trooper look of white and black.

It does however get seriously hot. With the white interior you are going to want to make sure you use a good quality clean towel when wiping it. Also look into a good leather seat cleaner and spot test it. Stains will be more noticeable. With proper TLC they will look great for years.

Check out AutoGeek for tips.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have 2 cars with the lighter "beige" leather, and there's definitely some work to keeping it clean. On the plus side as the leather ages and the dirt starts to create a worn in look to the seating surfaces:grin:

·
Registered
764 Posts
We got the black cloth interior in ours and very much regret it. It shows dirt very badly on the trim and carpet area as well as the seats. I was worried about koolaid stains and the like when I talked my wife into the black interior but I didn't account for the dirt and dust that would get in when we opened the doors after driving down the two miles of gravel road we live on. If you don't have gravel roads or messy children black would probably be fine.
Dusty shoes show up on the light interior just as bad. The only difference is everything else shows up on the light interior whereas the dark interior will hide many more forms of filthiness.

I 100% recommend the dark interior over the light interior!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
No problems after 13000 miles. Easily cleans up. For times I know I am filthy I use a seat cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts