Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others looking at new shoes for their Ascent, I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth between the CC2 and the WP. While I can't do a direct comparison, I can say that I am so far quite pleased with the WP's. They are as quiet as the Ziex 001 (I used a decibel meter on my phone to check before and after) and while it may not be 100% accurate, the "ear test" tells the same story. Oddly enough, I'd say they might be even a tad quieter, but that could be that the frequency of the sound is different.

I have about 500 or so miles on them so far, and while I've not encountered any snow just yet, they have been very well behaved in heavy rain and associated deep road puddles etc. They have felt quite steady on-center and don't seem to roll nearly as much as the OEM Ziex 001's, so they handle much better and more crisply. And the bonus for me is that they look quite nice. Now I just need to go find some trails to really get (somewhat) wild :)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a set on my 2019 that I really liked. I keep going back and forth between letting the OEM tires on my 2023 wear out or to replace them right away with the Wildpeaks.

this post is not helping, lol.
I only got 28K miles on the OEM's and fortunately, SOA provided assistance in getting them replaced. I hope you enjoy your new 2023!

· Registered
2023 Limited pkg 23
1,262 Posts
I only got 28K miles on the OEM's and fortunately, SOA provided assistance in getting them replaced. I hope you enjoy your new 2023!
I replaced the OEMs on my 2019 at 18k. They probably would've made it to 28k but I had a snow trip lined up. With the 2023, I figure I should make a decision within the first 1000 miles or so so I can still try to get some credit for the OEMs at the tire shop.

· Registered
2021 ascent limited ice silver
174 Posts
I had a set on my 2019 that I really liked. I keep going back and forth between letting the OEM tires on my 2023 wear out or to replace them right away with the Wildpeaks.

give em 20 K so you get some money out.... (they won't hold for much longer anyway) :)that's what I did on mine 21

· Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
506 Posts

I put mine on my '19 at the ~25K mark. I drove the car for another 7-8K and then traded it in on a '21. I had the dealer swap the wheels between the trade and the new car, so I only waited the 10 miles I drove home, to the grocery store and then back to the dealer in the morning. I don't regret that change one bit and if I was doing it over again, without the wheels/tires to swap, I would change them out as fast as I could.

· Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
1,096 Posts

I replaced the Falken OEMs on my 2022 Onyx at 800 miles with 18" Ascent Premium take-off wheels and Michelin CC2 tires. I put the Onyx wheels & tires on Facebook Marketplace and sold them the same day for $800. That took some of the sting out of the cost of the new wheels & tires (around $1200 out the door).

I didn't want the crappy OEMs to spoil the honeymoon with my new car, especially with winter just around the corner (November 2021).

· Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
22 Posts
Like many others looking at new shoes for their Ascent, I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth between the CC2 and the WP. While I can't do a direct comparison, I can say that I am so far quite pleased with the WP's. They are as quiet as the Ziex 001 (I used a decibel meter on my phone to check before and after) and while it may not be 100% accurate, the "ear test" tells the same story. Oddly enough, I'd say they might be even a tad quieter, but that could be that the frequency of the sound is different.

I have about 500 or so miles on them so far, and while I've not encountered any snow just yet, they have been very well behaved in heavy rain and associated deep road puddles etc. They have felt quite steady on-center and don't seem to roll nearly as much as the OEM Ziex 001's, so they handle much better and more crisply. And the bonus for me is that they look quite nice. Now I just need to go find some trails to really get (somewhat) wild :)

View attachment 19448 View attachment 19449 View attachment 19450
I put Wildpeaks on our ‘19 this past August. First snow and ice experience this week with this winter storm. No regrets, would buy again with no hesitations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts