Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Blue Ascent last night finally! Traded in my 2017 Outback and a 2018 GMC Truck. I can replace both with one vehicle now that I can tow 5,000 lbs!

While I was there, another new blue Ascent parked right behind me! They're like bunnies!

Right after I picked it up I went on a date and had a great steak dinner. She loved my new ride!

Installed my OBDLink LX so now I can monitor boost on my phone.

Tonight I need to install the LED headlights and LED interior lights. Then road trip from Phoenix to New Mexico. Will drive it on the dirt roads already. When I get back, my break-in will almost be done.

Then in the next couple weeks gotta order my wheels.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/raceline-shift/p/47185

Soooooo excited! :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Picked up my Blue Ascent last night finally! Traded in my 2017 Outback and a 2018 GMC Truck. I can replace both with one vehicle now that I can tow 5,000 lbs!

While I was there, another new blue Ascent parked right behind me! They're like bunnies!

Right after I picked it up I went on a date and had a great steak dinner. She loved my new ride!

Tonight I need to install the LED headlights and LED interior lights. Then road trip from Phoenix to New Mexico. Will drive it on the dirt roads already. When I get back, my break-in will almost be done.

Congrats! Are you sure you're excited? I'm not quite convinced. LOL! Sounds like you will waste no time putting it through it's paces! Congrats again! :grin:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ironic thing is it handles so well and is nimble that it's natural coming from the Outback. You can definitely tell it's bigger..... I sit up much higher but it still feels nimble and connected. So very cool.

Hard to be patient to wait for break-in before seeing what the turbo can do. Part of why the long trip. It's 720 miles round trip and though it'll take longer (I'll stay under 55) it'll mean next week my break-in is done!

Heh, then I still need to:
  • mount the Tekonsha brake controller so I can tow my 3,500 lb pop-up camper
  • get the wheels
  • possibly get off-road tires for the "old" wheels so I have more grip when I go off-roading with a buddy of mine
  • mount the radar detector

Oh, and one thing I still need the dealer to do..... the 2nd row built-in window shades are missing. They said they were out of the parts and rather than delay delivery, they went with the standard windows and will add the shades in when the parts are available.

Yes I'm excited! It's sooooo nice to drive.

I'm already getting, "Holy crap! That's a Subaru?!?!? It's NIIIICE!"

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Premium:
  • Rockford Fosgate Audio Upgrade
  • Trailer Hitch
  • 2nd row pull up window shades
  • All weather floor liners (great for the dust around here)
  • Homelink mirror

That kept the price reasonably low and gave me all the options I wanted!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Premium:
  • Rockford Fosgate Audio Upgrade
  • Trailer Hitch
  • 2nd row pull up window shades
  • All weather floor liners (great for the dust around here)
  • Homelink mirror

That kept the price reasonably low and gave me all the options I wanted!
Good value. Show me another manufacture that can offer all that for a mid 30's price range

·
Registered
932 Posts

Congrats! What app are you using to monitor? I use OBDLX with Torque for my 2011 Outback. Was thinking about popping it into the Ascent. Not sure what I would monitor though that wasn't able to be monitored. Would still hang onto it for an CEL or something.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Congrats! What app are you using to monitor? I use OBDLX with Torque for my 2011 Outback. Was thinking about popping it into the Ascent. Not sure what I would monitor though that wasn't able to be monitored. Would still hang onto it for an CEL or something.
I'm just using OBDLink's own app. It seems pretty good and configurable, so saves me the $5 on Torque. Once I've played with it a bit I'll configure my own dashboards. I'll probably have the big boost gauge and the fuel rate on one screen. Mainly things that don't already show. It'll be nice to have the actual car temperature displayed (especially in Phoenix) and not the "dumb" temperature-always-in-the-middle gauge so I think I'll add that to my "main" screen too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.