Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Black on black Premium, in Central Massachusetts. I go to finalize paperwork tomorrow, but may have to wait to pick it up until Saturday.
Congrats! Everyone picking up their cars and I'm still waiting for an August ETA (only because we ordered a second one after finding a way better price!) I'm secretly hoping it'll be here in July, but after our original ETA was October and is now August, I'm okay. Plus, we have a vacation to Maui from 8/8-8/15 and don't really want it sitting at our house or at the airport during that time. Ideally, we'd prefer it to arrive after we get back from Maui.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats! I already did my paperwork but still, have to wait yet another 2 weeks before mine comes in. I traded in my crosstrek but I get to drive that car until my Ascent comes in. Today it was supposed to leave the port and will take 7-10 days. It frustrated me as the dealership has 7 pre-orders BUT happen to get 2 Ascents (non pre orders) for the lot to sell. Why are they getting their NON pre-orders first?! I've been waiting since February.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I feel like I need a support group. This is going to be a very long work day. I've waited since early March, but this final push is still taking forever.
We're your support group!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Congrats! I already did my paperwork but still, have to wait yet another 2 weeks before mine comes in. I traded in my crosstrek but I get to drive that car until my Ascent comes in. Today it was supposed to leave the port and will take 7-10 days. It frustrated me as the dealership has 7 pre-orders BUT happen to get 2 Ascents (non pre orders) for the lot to sell. Why are they getting their NON pre-orders first?! I've been waiting since February.
Exactly.....I have read that they ship orders first, that orders have a priority ......My dealer received/will receive 14 cars.....none of them orders as far as I can tell.They told me my car “could be” with them.....Of course not....
Thanks Subaru...

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's just frustrating as we took the time to pre-order and put a deposit down, yet the dealerships get non pre orders first. I was told that they get bonus cars depending on how many pre-orders they get (at least that's what the dealership told me)

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's just frustrating as we took the time to pre-order and put a deposit down, yet the dealerships get non pre orders first. I was told that they get bonus cars depending on how many pre-orders they get (at least that's what the dealership told me)
Your neighbor who just walks into a Subaru dealer could have “your “ car (or similar) before you do......!
How can that be right after blindly investing 30-40 thousand dollars in this car?
If we search dealer inventory and find the color/trim we want the dealer can add on most options / accessories, right?
So we can get our car without this mysterious when will it show up/where in America is my car game... & before the dummies that preordered....:tango_face_surprise

Irritated, mildly , yes.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I feel your pain. My Ascent will be in July 9th. My dealer has gotten 6 in and sold them all. I tried to get him to trade with another dealer who had the car (color) we wanted but they wouldn't trade.
He would have switched my blue for either the red or black ones he got in. I hate black and my wife hates red.
Were back to waiting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts