Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super excited. It was supposed to arrive 6/26... then 6/29... then it finally arrived 7/2 after I left the store for the day. So I picked it up Tuesday (7/3) and put almost 200 miles on it yesterday (7/4). So awesome! I love it. The wife loves it. My three kids with dirty feet that kick the back of my seat love it! But here is the funny story.

Everyone at my dealership is well aware that my Ascent was a few days late so a few of the other sales guys started teasing me. "Oh you didn't here? There was an accident at the rail yard. They shattered the sunroof on one of the Ascents. Its probably yours! That's why they are a little late, they are getting them repaired, etc"

Just coworkers being dumb. Then finally my car arrives. They send it down for finally delivery cleaning, I go sign the paperwork. Then I get a phone call from my guy cleaning the car. "Hey Jason, you gotta come see this... There is a crack in your sunroof..." I hang up and die a little on the inside but then I think, "Stupid Bob, don't tease me like that!" Then I sprint down to the detail bay and jump on top of the door sill to see the top. Everything is just fine and I laugh and yell "Stupid Bob don't tease me like that!" The he says "no, look inside!" Again, death! On the inside!!

I look inside and the front panel of the sunroof is cracked! Front left corner then out towards the middle and right into the back separator! A big long crack in my frickin sunroof! :(

Luckily its an acoustic double layer, like a windshield with a thin piece of plastic between the two. Somehow the bottom glass was cracked but the top piece was just fine so no one noticed it in the shipping process. I just put a little tape on it and drove away. The dealership ordered me a new one. It will be here on Monday.

In the 7 years I've been here I've never seen a sunroof damage in transit... but honestly if it had to happen, I'm glad it happened to me and not a customer.

Bottom line - The Ascent is frikin amazing even with a cracked sunroof!!

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Aww man that sucks and sorry to hear Jason. But yes, glad it happened to you versus one of us :)

Now...please tow that 3000lb trailer up the mountains after you put on the 1000 and let us know how it works out :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Totally jealous (except the cracked bit). At the rail head and still waiting....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hooray!!!! It makes me think that they might all actually arrive someday and all of our angst will be a distant memory! CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy every second!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally jealous (except the cracked bit). At the rail head and still waiting....
Normally they sit at the SLC rail head for about a week, but mine sat there for almost two weeks. Had another customer's Ascent sit there for 2 days. No rhyme or reason why.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Super excited. It was supposed to arrive 6/26... then 6/29... then it finally arrived 7/2 after I left the store for the day. So I picked it up Tuesday (7/3) and put almost 200 miles on it yesterday (7/4). So awesome! I love it. The wife loves it. My three kids with dirty feet that kick the back of my seat love it! But here is the funny story.

Everyone at my dealership is well aware that my Ascent was a few days late so a few of the other sales guys started teasing me. "Oh you didn't here? There was an accident at the rail yard. They shattered the sunroof on one of the Ascents. Its probably yours! That's why they are a little late, they are getting them repaired, etc"

Just coworkers being dumb. Then finally my car arrives. They send it down for finally delivery cleaning, I go sign the paperwork. Then I get a phone call from my guy cleaning the car. "Hey Jason, you gotta come see this... There is a crack in your sunroof..." I hang up and die a little on the inside but then I think, "Stupid Bob, don't tease me like that!" Then I sprint down to the detail bay and jump on top of the door sill to see the top. Everything is just fine and I laugh and yell "Stupid Bob don't tease me like that!" The he says "no, look inside!" Again, death! On the inside!!

I look inside and the front panel of the sunroof is cracked! Front left corner then out towards the middle and right into the back separator! A big long crack in my frickin sunroof! /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

Luckily its an acoustic double layer, like a windshield with a thin piece of plastic between the two. Somehow the bottom glass was cracked but the top piece was just fine so no one noticed it in the shipping process. I just put a little tape on it and drove away. The dealership ordered me a new one. It will be here on Monday.

In the 7 years I've been here I've never seen a sunroof damage in transit... but honestly if it had to happen, I'm glad it happened to me and not a customer.

Bottom line - The Ascent is frikin amazing even with a cracked sunroof!!
Jason, this just cracked me up, lol!

J/K I know the feeling!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Normally they sit at the SLC rail head for about a week, but mine sat there for almost two weeks. Had another customer's Ascent sit there for 2 days. No rhyme or reason why.

I'm hoping for the two days - have a trip planned on Monday (including sleeping in the car) and mine only made it to the railhead after Tuesday morning. Guess I need to dial back expectations yet again.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I woke up thinking my blue Ascent (lack thereof) got rolled over on one side and everything was still running fine. In fact my Ascent (white, not blue) is being ordered right now, arriving in December.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts