Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 times now when my wife remote started her Ascent with key fob she had an issue after entering the car she couldn't get it to go into drive mode. Pushing the start button while having foot on brake did nothing. All 3 times she had to let the vehicle turn itself off, after which point she could start and drive the car. All 3 times it happened at night time which is a little disconcerting to say the least. When she got home last night I had her try remote starting the vehicle letting it run for 5 minutes or so and then had her get in vehicle to drive it and of course it worked fine.

This car has more issues with various problems all of which the dealership could't replicate. I guess the saying is true, never buy first years model.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I noticed with the remote start, you need to really firmly press the brakes and then push the start, not a quick push either. I dont know if that will help, but I had the same issue when I first started using the remote start. I was use to another car's system, where I could just lightly touch the brakes and give the start button a quick tap

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed with the remote start, you need to really firmly press the brakes and then push the start, not a quick push either. I dont know if that will help, but I had the same issue when I first started using the remote start. I was use to another car's system, where I could just lightly touch the brakes and give the start button a quick tap
Thanks, I will have her try that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts