Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go to unlock with my hand, after I put my hand in the door handle I get 5 annoying beeps, then unlocks. I thought at first it was me trying to open it too soon but that is not the case. The owners manual is full of disclaimers about this feature. Searched this forum and didn't find much.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The owners manual says 5 beeps when locking means a door or the rear hatch or fuel door is ajar.

I didn’t see anything about this happening during unlocking but there are a LOT of disclaimers so I may have missed it.

Maybe check that all doors are closed tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah doors all closed and happens during unlocking. I updated the software last weekend and it seems to be happening pretty much every time. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Does a software update change anything but the entertainment system?

·
Super Moderator
6,796 Posts
Yeah doors all closed and happens during unlocking. I updated the software last weekend and it seems to be happening pretty much every time. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Does a software update change anything but the entertainment system?
There's no OTA or USB software updates for the BCM (or TCM or ECU), so, not to worry, it wasn't any update you performed.

Assuming that you are solely touching the inner part of the handle, and not simultaneously touching the three strips on the outside, I'd bring it in to be checked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m interested in your resolution to this problem. I had something similar happen to me. Had a series of 5 double chirps when the car was disarmed but, FOB and hand sense on driver door would not unlock car. Just get this 5, 2x Chirp thing. Driver side interior door lock control would not lock/unlock other doors. Dealer checked colts on driver door harness, Then the system, “must’ve reset!” I replicated the problem in five minutes after getting the ascent back and it’s been at the dealer waiting for a body control module since then.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Make sure your keys are not in the same pocket as your phone. The phone can block the signal. This probably is not the issue you are having, but just bringing it to light.

·
Registered
689 Posts
As crazy as this sounds, a lot of these little weird issues may be resolved by simply unplugging the battery for a minute. It may save a trip/hassle to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The neg terminal was disconnected for at least a minute, not longer than 15 though,before Being brought in to dealer. The Body Control Module responsible for doors, locks fob recognition, gas lid, rear gate and who knows what else was deemed responsible for these events. Working with SOA and dealer customer relations team on a resolution presently.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The neg terminal was disconnected for at least a minute, not longer than 15 though,before Being brought in to dealer. The Body Control Module responsible for doors, locks fob recognition, gas lid, rear gate and who knows what else was deemed responsible for these events. Working with SOA and dealer customer relations team on a resolution presently.
body control module malfunctions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts