Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Apple Music on an iPhone X. For some reason, the Ascent doesn't show any album art when streaming over bluetooth.

Things I've tried:

1. Unpairing and re-pairing the phone.
2. Checking phone settings/bluetooth/Subaru BT for any options that might work.
3. Resetting the headunit.
4. Google search (Seems to be a Subaru issue)

Realize this is a fairly minor issue and I could just plug in my phone and use Carplay, but thought I'd ping the forum. Anybody have any luck getting album art to show over bluetooth with any combination of phone/app?

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as I've been able to tell it just doesn't work over Bluetooth, at least with Apple Music. My other Subaru's have been the same way, I had to plug in to get album art to display.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does Apple Music show artwork in CarPlay on Ascent?
CarPlay does not show artwork for either Apple Music or Google Music. Just a huge gray box with title information and transport controls.

I have a last generation iPod plugged in and the album art displays. I'll have to test it with the Bluetooth connection to see if anything displays.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
CarPlay does not show artwork for either Apple Music or Google Music. Just a huge gray box with title information and transport controls.

I have a last generation iPod plugged in and the album art displays. I'll have to test it with the Bluetooth connection to see if anything displays.
With Google Play Music and Android Auto, album backgrounds should show on the screen. With Android Auto and a compatible player for local music (such as Rocket Player), the same should happen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure why it bothers me so much, but think it has to do with the placeholder image where the album art *should* display.

No dice with Pandora over Bluetooth either. Strange because my wife's 2015 outback shows album art when using Pandora. Will have to do some more investigation on how she has it set up.

I use Spotify, which doesn't give me album artwork in CarPlay at all. Does Apple Music show artwork in CarPlay on Ascent?
I was incorrect. Thought it would show but does not via Carplay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure why it bothers me so much, but think it has to do with the placeholder image where the album art *should* display.

No dice with Pandora over Bluetooth either. Strange because my wife's 2015 outback shows album art when using Pandora. Will have to do some more investigation on how she has it set up.

I was incorrect. Thought it would show but does not via Carplay.
My Wife's Pandora shows album art over Carplay. So does Amazon Music for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts