Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Ascent Touring for less than a week. I programmed the Homelink with my LiftMaster garage door and everything seemed fine... until today when the Homelink stopped working.

I pressed the 1st and 3rd button based on YouTube videos. This made the Homelink blink a green wifi like symbol at the lower left side of the mirror. It kept blinking non-stop and wouldn't turn off. So I went to the buttons on the right side and accessed the menu to clear all. Then the Homelink went dead.

I called Homelink first but they have no humans to help you. Then I called Subaru America where the guy busted out the manual and said he would get back to me tomorrow and suggested I speak to the local retailer.

So I called my local retailer and have an appointment tomorrow. Not happy so far. Will let you know what they say.

Has anyone else had problems? I found a Tesla forum that had Homelink issues. So frustrating.

·
Registered
932 Posts
On very seldom occasion my Homelink in my Outback won't open the garage. I think it's interference of some kind, because I see the lights on it, so it's transmitting.

If you reset it, then, well, it won't work until you set it back up. It could have been a one-off, can you duplicate the issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a similar issue with an Ascent Touring. Program the button on the mirror just fine and it lasts about a day. Then nothing..... Gonna trawl the forums some more (just stumbled on this) and see if I can find anything else.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Has anyone else had problems? I found a Tesla forum that had Homelink issues. So frustrating.
Unfortunately, all we do is put the Homelink stuff in the mirror. We don't actually support it. If the mirror is actually broke, then it might be covered. Otherwise, it's up to how Homelink works with your garage door opener. We've seen a few one-off issues over the years, simply due to different garage door openers, but that stuff is all pretty standard now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trouble with Homelink

I’m trying to respond to the July and Sept 2018 posts about the 2019 Ascent homelink button that doesn’t work. I’m having the same problem. It works for a couple of days and then it won’t. Then I reset it and it works for a day and then it doesn’t. The dealer is scratching their head. It must be my Liftmaster unit. Nope, my 2017 Forester has been working with the same unit for two years with no problems. Have any of you found a fix? Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Which way did you program the button? Did you have your opener in learn mode and then program from the car or attempt to replicate a working remote?

I know many of the openers during the change over from older models to current models had issues with the rolling codes and certain homelink or similar systems.

Mine works well with the Ascent. Do you have a family member or neighbor that you could attempt to program their door on your car for testing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes we programmed it all sorts of ways. We can’t determine why the Liftmaster opener works with the 2017 Forester and the handheld remotes but not the ascent. There are two posts in this main forum about this problem but I haven’t figured out yet how to get back to the post (July 2018) and ask if that person found a solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you find a solution to this? I’m having the same problem. The dealer doesn’t know what to do. They said it’s my Liftmaster unit but my 2017 Foreatwr has been connected to the same unit for two years and has never been reset or failed. It must be something specific to the Touring mirror?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar issue but figured it out - basically I would get the opener working then it would just seem to forget everything. It was user error! My door opener "talks" to the Homelink in the Ascent (to show going up or down and status if I can't remember). There were TWO stages to the programming. First was with the regular opener learning the code by the mirror. I then said "No" to the "does it work question and got more instructions. I then pressed the "learn" button on opener (mine is yellow) and pressed the homelink button a few times within 30 seconds. Now it works like a charm and even tells me if it's going up and down.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to PM me if anything is unclear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes. It works for a day and nothing. I reset and it works for two uses and nothing.
Sounds like possibly a rolling code issue. What exact garage door opener and programming method do you have for both the door (button on wall mount or only on opener?) And which method did you end up using with the Ascent?

·
Registered
18 Posts
HomeLink has no lights - dealer says it passes diagnotics
Have not been able to program mirror. No lights on mirror
Service manager came to house and could not get it to work. Advised it is a new mirror and he would need to research and get back to me. That was TWO weeks ago. Contacted the dealer 6 times about it now.
Am able to program other cars to garage door.
No support from the dealer in Orlando.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Service manager came to house and could not get it to work. Advised it is a new mirror and he would need to research and get back to me. That was TWO weeks ago. Contacted the dealer 6 times about it now.

Are you saying the mirror does not light up the indicator when you press the button/try to program it, etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What was the solution to your problem? New mirror?

I'm having a similar issue. At one point the green light came on the mirror while trying to program it and wouldn't go out. A couple days later it went out. Now there are never green lights below the homelink and when I try and program it, the screen that says to push your garage door button stays on for about 1/4 of a second and then goes out. I had to video it to see what the screen said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar issue but figured it out - basically I would get the opener working then it would just seem to forget everything. It was user error! My door opener "talks" to the Homelink in the Ascent (to show going up or down and status if I can't remember). There were TWO stages to the programming. First was with the regular opener learning the code by the mirror. I then said "No" to the "does it work question and got more instructions. I then pressed the "learn" button on opener (mine is yellow) and pressed the homelink button a few times within 30 seconds. Now it works like a charm and even tells me if it's going up and down.
I believe this procedure resolved the issue for me. It also enabled two-way communication with my Liftmaster which I did not believe was possible. Thanks BritinOH(y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
What was the solution to your problem? New mirror?

I'm having a similar issue. At one point the green light came on the mirror while trying to program it and wouldn't go out. A couple days later it went out. Now there are never green lights below the homelink and when I try and program it, the screen that says to push your garage door button stays on for about 1/4 of a second and then goes out. I had to video it to see what the screen said.
did you ever get this fixed? is there a way to "reset" the mirror or something?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Similar issue with a 2020 Ascent purchased yesterday... any tips on resetting the whole mirror or something else?
how did you lock up your mirror?
Was engine running ... set to ON position... ect?

I held down all 3 buttons because i have the Sommer Garage door opener.

Yesterday at the Dealer they had NO clue how to fix it. So they swapped off the mirror off another Ascent in the lot.

Going to try re-programming it tonight.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts