Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Working with dealer right now on an Ascent with Premium trim and package 12 (keyless, power gate, reverse autobraking, autodim rearview, kcb, kcc). After some competing bids. He quoted $32,694 for the car and $35,750 off the lot. That is 4.4% below invoice. He is ordering the car, so I am expecting something missing when it arrives. I can provide a sticker he printed for it, but how real is this quote? This is not a VIP quote at all, just doing competitive bidding.

Here is the out the door breakdown

$32,694 base for car
$200 for usb in the back and led map and dome lights
$2,114 tax (CT)
$599 doc fee
$143 registration

Total $35,750

I can do that on Subaru financing as well, so no strange financing things. My issue is that I have to wait 2 months for the car to be landed. I am interested if this is too good to be true or I should pull the trigger.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ascent Premium
So invoice is between 34,000-35,600. Invoice is all that matters in vehicle purchase. MSRP means nothing

No what your getting is a very reasonable deal. I have never paid over invoice for any new car especially a Subaru.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$31,880 for a premium with package 12 and all weather mats back in February. So your deal is likely legit. Just make sure you go over everything carefully before signing. I've had dealers try and switch things at the last minute like the interest rate on the financing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Working with dealer right now on an Ascent with Premium trim and package 12 (keyless, power gate, reverse autobraking, autodim rearview, kcb, kcc). After some competing bids. He quoted $32,694 for the car and $35,750 off the lot. That is 4.4% below invoice. He is ordering the car, so I am expecting something missing when it arrives. I can provide a sticker he printed for it, but how real is this quote? This is not a VIP quote at all, just doing competitive bidding.

Here is the out the door breakdown

$32,694 base for car
$200 for usb in the back and led map and dome lights
$2,114 tax (CT)
$599 doc fee
$143 registration

Total $35,750

I can do that on Subaru financing as well, so no strange financing things. My issue is that I have to wait 2 months for the car to be landed. I am interested if this is too good to be true or I should pull the trigger.

Nothing strange about it. I think 2019's are coming down as they get closer to 2020 models. I ordered a limited 2 weeks ago at 3.4% below invoice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid $31,880 for a premium with package 12 and all weather mats back in February. Didn't get as much on my trade as I wanted, but it was still within the range I was looking for. So your deal is likely legit. Just make sure you go over everything carefully before signing. I've had dealers try and switch things at the last minute like the interest rate on the financing.
So you think I could probably get some additionals here?

·
Registered
978 Posts
You can except thats what the dealer wants you to do. You know $5000 wax jobs, $3600 warranties that have a $900 book value. Etc

Buy the car skip the dealer pay day garbage

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can except thats what the dealer wants you to do. You know $5000 wax jobs, $3600 warranties that have a $900 book value. Etc

Agreed on skipping this stuff. But if you have a few accessories that you know you're going to order anyway, you could see if they'll throw them in to close the deal. Also, if you're ordering and you're thinking about doing a hitch at any point, I'd include the OEM hitch. It's cheaper to get installed at port rather than by the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sorry not 100% following here. Are you saying to just buy the car without the dealer?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Your words “additionals” meaning extra stuff one might package into a car purchase.

Get the hitch with the car,
all other stuff buy it at a discount later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your words “additionals” meaning extra stuff one might package into a car purchase.

Get the hitch with the car,
all other stuff buy it at a discount later.
Gotcha, sorry for the confusion. Still trying to see what else I can get but other than mats I don't think there is much else.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Gotcha, sorry for the confusion. Still trying to see what else I can get but other than mats I don't think there is much else.
I purchased the same car but the numbers people are quoting don't add up- My window sticker with 12 and splash guards, winter floor liners. cargo net, rear bumper cover cargo tray is 37,216. Purchased for 34k a year ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.