Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a lot of expertise here, so thought I'd start with a question I've had. While I've been less than impressed so far with Subaru's MySubaru app, I've been slightly more impressed with the MySubaru.com website. However, with all that information in there, I'm a bit surprised I can't find information about how much longer my warranty is good for an what it covers. Seems like that should be an obvious thing to be in there, since it seems to track so much other information. Am I missing this? If it's not there, is there another source for this information? Thanks.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, perhaps I should explain. I know what the factory warranty starts as. But, as you read through this forum about various extended warranties, it's clear there are many other packages Beyond that, both from the factory and third party, that dealerships offer. I supposedly paid for an addition 5 years of a factory warranty when I bought the car. I can't find any indicator that it's in any "system" as such, and it continues to nag at me. Want to read the details of exactly what I paid for, but other than perhaps digging up that thumb drive from the dealer, not sure what other options I have.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
If it's a Subaru warranty, it's in the app and website. I did a quick video showing where you will find it in the app.

Details of what's covered are on the Subaru.com website.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That did the trick. Wow, you guys really know your stuff on this site. Glad I googled and found it. I have the same, except only to 80k miles. I guess I can stop worrying that I got swindled. But, now I have to wonder why that same information doesn't show on the mysubaru.com website under "vehicle details," despite it showing all the same stuff up top. Anyway, thanks for that, much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sorry, perhaps I should explain. I know what the factory warranty starts as. But, as you read through this forum about various extended warranties, it's clear there are many other packages Beyond that, both from the factory and third party, that dealerships offer. I supposedly paid for an addition 5 years of a factory warranty when I bought the car. I can't find any indicator that it's in any "system" as such, and it continues to nag at me. Want to read the details of exactly what I paid for, but other than perhaps digging up that thumb drive from the dealer, not sure what other options I have.
Read your contract where both you and the dealership sign for the "extended warrarty". Your attempt to interpret what was said at dealership means nothing. What is written and signed for is what matters. Certainly you have a full copy of the documents you signed.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not attempting to "interpret" anything. I'm attempting to see what the Subaru computers are tracking as far as warranty on my vehicle. That's what a dealership will see 5 years from now, not what's buried in a thumb drive in a box in my house. Thanks to Robert's help, I was able to do that. Far better to identify such a possible problem now, paperwork or no, then 5 years from now. Had the system not shown the extended warranty, there might have been reason to dig up that thumb drive and see what was in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.