Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post from somebody who went on one of the car show that the touring comes with sunshade on the 2nd row. I already pre-order mine so just needing some feedback if I need to order the sunshade or is it standard. Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
From what I understood, the 2nd row sunshades were standard in the Limited and Touring trims. The Subaru Ascent web page states otherwise for the Limited trim near the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
145 Posts
And does anyone know if ventilated seats are available on the Limited? In the videos I've seen, the Limited front seats have the tiny little holes and appear to be ventilated, but from what I've read, it looks to be a Touring-only feature.

·
Registered
597 Posts
And does anyone know if ventilated seats are available on the Limited? In the videos I've seen, the Limited front seats have the tiny little holes and appear to be ventilated, but from what I've read, it looks to be a Touring-only feature.
Only in the Touring which is why I'm getting that instead of the Limited. The ventilated seats are a more important than the bench middle row in my mind.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ugh. I can live without a 2nd row bench, but the Touring doesn't come in silver, and I don't like brown interior. Losing both ventilated seats and a front-view camera is almost enough to force me to the Touring, but having the exterior and interior colors I want, including the bench seating, trumps the cool balls and camera feature. And honestly, I'm still hanging on to a smaller glimmer of hope that one or more of these options will become available on the Limited once Build and Price is up.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ugh. I can live without a 2nd row bench, but the Touring doesn't come in silver, and I don't like brown interior. Losing both ventilated seats and a front-view camera is almost enough to force me to the Touring, but having the exterior and interior colors I want, including the bench seating, trumps the cool balls and camera feature. And honestly, I'm still hanging on to a smaller glimmer of hope that one or more of these options will become available on the Limited once Build and Price is up.
I don't see the ventilated seats being available on the limited anytime soon. I think they kept one color for the Touring with the ventilated seats so they would lower the amount of options available. I also think they decided on brown so it wouldn't be black or light tan as everyone has a preference and brown is sort of in the middle.

I actually don't mind the brown interior as I'm not a fan of black due to heat and light tan can look dirty pretty quickly. I'm guessing the silver doesn't look good with the brown interior as the only reason why you can't get silver in the touring. For me my wife has the silver car and I like color so went with Blue.

I agree it can be hard to make a choice but I would go with whatever is the top priority or will be used the most and start with that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Anyone notice if the non ventilated driver seat ie Limited trim gets the thigh support / extending edge?

I noticed the Touring trim driver seat had that nice feature. Really wish my OB had that on long drives.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When they launched the Touring trim of the Outback, the first model year of that only came with the poop brown interior, but then they started offering the black and cream the second year, so I'd bet they do the same with the Ascent and you'll see other interiors for MY2020. The grey interiors are even more recent - I'm hoping those become available with more exterior colors eventually.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I saw a post from somebody who went on one of the car show that the touring comes with sunshade on the 2nd row. I already pre-order mine so just needing some feedback if I need to order the sunshade or is it standard. Thanks.
The Touring is special because it comes with retractable sunshades. You can see them in the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMRD7FticE

Otherwise, the sunshade accessory is much more lame and have to be clipped onto the windows: https://subaru.oemdtc.com/895/f501sxc020-3rd-row-sunshade-2018-subaru-ascent

·
Registered
195 Posts
That 3rd row accessory sunshade is interesting.

Limited trims also come standard with 2nd row only retractable sunshades per the brochure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My Sienna Limited van has manually retractable shades. Granted I don't live in Florida, but even on the super sunny days tinted windows are sufficient for privacy and sun shading.

I think these shades are nice, but really not something I would even pay extra for. However the front camera (and maybe heated steering wheel) is what made me move to Touring. I guess ventilated seats are nice too, but I never tried such option, so not really sure of its value.

It's too bad car does not come with sonar parking sensors in front and camera on the Touring is the only front parking aid

·
Registered
86 Posts
My VW Sportwagen had pop-in shades and they were awesome when my son was a baby. But camping is what I really want them for in the Ascent. Windows down, shades up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I loved my sunshades on my AUDI, they were great for keeping sun out and giving a little more privacy. It had sunshade on the rear windows and the back glass, and I would say they were up 95% of the time.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The Touring is special because it comes with retractable sunshades. You can see them in the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMRD7FticE

Otherwise, the sunshade accessory is much more lame and have to be clipped onto the windows: https://subaru.oemdtc.com/895/f501sxc020-3rd-row-sunshade-2018-subaru-ascent
That’s the best they could come up with for the 3rd row? The first info that came out said the touring was to have standard 2nd and 3rd sunshades but talking to a product expert at the Chicago auto show SOA decided to change their minds on that. The 2nd row integrated shades are standard but looks like the 3rd row is optional in all trims and is this chincy clip in system. I’ll pass on these. Shame they couldn’t work in an integrated system on the 3rd row like the 2nd row.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think these shades are nice, but really not something I would even pay extra for. However the front camera (and maybe heated steering wheel) is what made me move to Touring. I guess ventilated seats are nice too, but I never tried such option, so not really sure of its value.

It's too bad car does not come with sonar parking sensors in front and camera on the Touring is the only front parking aid
While I'm not sure how Subaru's ventilated seats will work I can tell you that if you are typically hot while sitting in a car they are fantastic. The only vehicle I have driven where I was disappointed in them was the Lexus GX as the cooling part wasn't on the full seat and as the Ascent has an extender I guarantee they will have cooling in the back part where it matters.

Oh and the best A/C seats I have tried were on the Ford Expedition.

I agree I like front sensors but as the car has auto braking I wonder if they felt that was enough. Also the front and back are nearly straight down which makes it easier for parking.

·
Registered
967 Posts
the Limited front seats have the tiny little holes and appear to be ventilated, but from what I've read, it looks to be a Touring-only feature.
Touring only feature.

We have perforated leather in our cars now without them being ventilated.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The 3rd row window shape would explain the snap in screen. I thought that was awesome and had figured it was not retractable like the 2nd row simply due to window shape. We do quite a few road trips and none of our current cars have shades. We use the old school cut to desired shape sticky stick on stuff. These shades would be awesome!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Has anybody owned a vehicle (i.e. older BMW, Lexus, or Benz) with manual door sunshade? If so, can you give a review on them (performance and longevity) ?

I trust tint films and it has worked well for the last two decades.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have had them in a few of my minivans never had a problem with them. It does get annoying though when the kids would play with them or when my little one wanted it up at the beginning of the ride but is now screaming they want it down halfway through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts