Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry but I couldn’t find this piece in the list of standard features or accessories (I probably have the name wrong) but it’s this aluminum plate in the trunk. Circled in my picture below. Is this standard on the touring model?
It is the "rear bumper cover", you would have to check Subaru.com or cars101.com to see if it comes on the Touring, or wait for someone to teply.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the "rear bumper cover", you would have to check Subaru.com or cars101.com to see if it comes on the Touring, or wait for someone to teply.
Does not come With Touring. Have to add it as add on.
awesome thanks for the info! I thought the bumper cover was something else. I see its a $120 add-on. Thanks for the cars101 website norway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fun fact: The chrome front underguard and rear bumper protector were originally intended to be standard equipment on the Touring, but the bumper protector became an optional accessory and the chrome front underguard seems to have been done away with. My source is the original Ascent brochure from the NY Auto Show.

·
Registered
492 Posts
And I'm curious to see where you heard it was aluminium? I'm pretty sure its plastic :(
:crying: Yep, it is plastic :crying:

Oh well, I guess it'll hold up better to hits, not being aluminum. Pretty pricey for plastic though, even at the lower discounted price ($62).

But hey! At least it's "Made In The USA"! :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Anyone have a part number for that or where to find it cheaper?
Part number is E771SXC000, stamped on the part in the middle picture.

Quick way to find a place that sells it cheaper is to just punch that part number into Google and open all those links in different tabs. Don't forget to factor in shipping costs.

I was about to order from Hueberger but on a whim I called my local dealer and asked if they would price match... Sure enough they did and I got it in two days rather than 7. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
31 Posts
Subie parts say E771SXC000 has been superseded by E771SXC0010. I got an E771SXC000 from Amazon, but I have not put it on yet - anybody have idea what the difference is?

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Subie parts say E771SXC000 has been superseded by E771SXC0010. I got an E771SXC000 from Amazon, but I have not put it on yet - anybody have idea what the difference is?
Nothing I am aware of.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Would have preferred black anyone install an after market one?
I haven't seen black, but one can use a plastic paint that bonds to a surface, I think.

There's also clear covers for the area.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I wouldn't have gotten one but it was already on the Ascent Premium I bought. I don't think it looks bad or out of place as it parallels the chrome strip across the back of the hatch. I'd say it looks up to the task.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I chose not to get one for my Ascent, because the main purpose of the piece on my Merc GL was to protect from someone dragging a suitcase out the back and dragging it across the top of the bumper. The painted surface of the Ascent is much shallower and protected by the hatchback lip, and I didn't see much suitcase risk.

Then my dog had a rather dramatic jump-up fail, and scratched the crap out of the surface. :rolleyes:

T.P.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts