Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if steering responsive headlight is standard or optional? I have 2019 limited ascent and doesn't think it have that.. so Just wondering if its broken or I dont have it at all. I didnt know Ascent limited have SRH until I joined this forum :)

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
695 Posts
I am just wondering if steering responsive headlight is standard or optional? I have 2019 limited ascent and doesn't think it have that.. so Just wondering if its broken or I dont have it at all. I didnt know Ascent limited have SRH until I joined this forum :)
Yes, you're Limited has SRH as standard equipment. If you drive mostly in the city it's hard to tell and even on the darkest country roads where they are awesome there isn't as much movement as you might imagine.

If you park facing a wall you can see the headlights cycle when you start the engine.

SRH can be turned off under Vehicle Settings on the Combination Meter, in which case the SRH Off warning light would light up.

Additionally, they auto level so when I come home from the feed store with 300lbs of critter food in the cargo area I don't blind the oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
^^Yeah, the affect is pretty subtle most of the time. So far the only time I really noticed them in action was when making hairpin turns in a dimly lit parking garage.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Man, I notice it all the time on my 2020. Can get it to go on demand through the neighborhood.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Man, I notice it all the time on my 2020. Can get it to go on demand through the neighborhood.
Same here! I cannot, not notice it, lol. It’s actually slightly distracting sometimes it’s so noticeable.
I love it, and it really works.
OP, it is very noticeable - you’ve gotta be doing at least 10mph or something for it to kick in, but if you’re not noticing it, it’s either broken or disabled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^Yeah, the affect is pretty subtle most of the time. So far the only time I really noticed them in action was when making hairpin turns in a dimly lit parking garage.
Yes, you're Limited has SRH as standard equipment. If you drive mostly in the city it's hard to tell and even on the darkest country roads where they are awesome there isn't as much movement as you might imagine.

If you park facing a wall you can see the headlights cycle when you start the engine.

SRH can be turned off under Vehicle Settings on the Combination Meter, in which case the SRH Off warning light would light up.

Additionally, they auto level so when I come home from the feed store with 300lbs of critter food in the cargo area I don't blind the oncoming drivers.
Thanks I will check on it! I didnt notice at all, even in my garage. My other suv has SRH as well which i notice very well, but in accent; not at all. May be I will check with my subaru dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here! I cannot, not notice it, lol. It’s actually slightly distracting sometimes it’s so noticeable.
I love it, and it really works.
OP, it is very noticeable - you’ve gotta be doing at least 10mph or something for it to kick in, but if you’re not noticing it, it’s either broken or disabled.
Ohhh... may be thats why. I was checking on it in my garage because, my other suv turns even when it is not moving at all. I will try to notice it motion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine happens when I'm pulling in and out of the driveway even. You might need to be in gear though.

Like BroDoze said, totally notice it all the time. Would love to be able to manually control....lol

·
Registered
705 Posts
The only bummer is they aren’t auto-leveling.
My last Bimmer’s HIDs we’re steering sensitive AND auto-leveling, which was cool. It allowed the cutoff to be higher as well (hotspot further down the road) because it was basically incapable of blinding an oncoming driver. But they are great headlights regardless.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
695 Posts
The only bummer is they aren’t auto-leveling.
My last Bimmer’s HIDs we’re steering sensitive AND auto-leveling, which was cool. It allowed the cutoff to be higher as well (hotspot further down the road) because it was basically incapable of blinding an oncoming driver. But they are great headlights regardless.
The LED headlights are auto leveling.

For me the SRH aren't all that noticable like others have mentioned but I also live in the flatlands where almost every road is straight and most of my turns are at a slow speed after stopping.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 12 of 12 Posts