Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never used a car cover before but was considering it for my new Ascent.....I know little/nothing about them ......Does anyone have any experience or knowledge they can share to help me decide if this is even something I want to do....Pros/cons of using a cover etc..Things to look for when buying one....Or even reasons NOT to buy one....
They always seemed like too much trouble to put on and take off & then store....Maybe they might actually scratch/rub the paint....I don’t know.....
Now I am thinking my Ascent might need a little protection when sitting in a hotel parking lot for a few days while I am on vacation or some other event away from it’s
protective garage....
Anyone?:nerd:

·
Administrator
11,128 Posts
There's different trains of thought on that topic, but, there's some who indicate it can damage the paint or help trap heat that will damage paint/interior.

I haven't used one in decades, and both paint and interiors were drastically different in my 60s/70s cars of the distant past.

·
Administrator
11,128 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
I used one on my Legacy and my Land Cruiser given they would get parked for 3-4 weeks at a stretch. The warning is outside parking in windy locations car covers act as a paint buffer any dirt turns it into a wind operated sander.

Only reason I used it was sun my cars sat in CA Summer heat. The car cover was lighter color than my cars and made of a light breathable material.

Short periods I would skip it. Putting on and off isn’t exactly quick, not something your going to do several times a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts