Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does your ascent read your text messages on your iPhone?

I’ve never ridden in a car that worked with smart phones...:tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
118 Posts
It can only be done if using Car Play, so your phone must be plugged in. If you receive a new message you will get a notification on the main screen (and also be taken into Car Play), and if you tap it Siri will then read out the message and allow you to dictate a response back. It works quite nicely.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It can only be done if using Car Play, so your phone must be plugged in. If you receive a new message you will get a notification on the main screen (and also be taken into Car Play), and if you tap it Siri will then read out the message and allow you to dictate a response back. It works quite nicely.
Actually not true, the vehicle will also read a text message to you through Bluetooth. Make sure your settings are correct on the iPhone

1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Bluetooth
3. Tap the blue i icon next to SubaruBT
4. Turn on 'Show Notifications'

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
This is why I like this forum. I was wondering why the Bluetooth messages wasn’t compatible with iPhones until I read that!
Do you know if that feature works for a second phone that may be connected at the same time, or while one phone is doing CarPlay?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Actually not true, the vehicle will also read a text message to you through Bluetooth. Make sure your settings are correct on the iPhone

1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Bluetooth
3. Tap the blue i icon next to SubaruBT
4. Turn on 'Show Notifications'

Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me which is why I didn't mention it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts