Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently updated my iPhone XS to the new operating system. In the last two days I’ve been unable to get Waze to populate my directions into CarPlay, Even though they are working fine on my phone’s screen. Any advice would be super helpful ?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Do you have the latest version of Waze? The App Store shows a new release 4 days ago: 4.55.1 which may be the iOS 13 version.

·
Registered
89 Posts
iPhone X newly updated to iOS 13. No problem using Waze with Apple CarPlay. Really like the new feature of iOS 13 that I can say "Directions to xxxx using Waze" and it now allows me to use a different mapping app than only Apple's Maps.

I would not consider iOS 13 a "dumpster fire" as it has worked very well for me with several very nice enhancements.

·
Super Moderator
2,431 Posts
Hi, I recently updated my iPhone XS to the new operating system. In the last two days I’ve been unable to get Waze to populate my directions into CarPlay, Even though they are working fine on my phone’s screen. Any advice would be super helpful ?
If you’re in the split screen view it only shows Apple maps. The phone’s screen is also now independent of the head unit’s, so tapping the Waze icon on your phone won’t bring the app up on your head unit. If it doesn’t work when you tap the Waze icon on the car’s screen try uninstallOmg Waze, delete your car from CarPlay in settings, download Waze again and plug back in.
Not sure why people keep saying iO13 is buggy? I’ve been using the beta for months with very few issues. Now that I have an iPhone 11 pro with iOS 13 factory installed it’s even smoother than the beta.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have the IOS13 update and it worked fine for me. I had to figure out the new way of doing things as xydadx3 pointed out. It is nice that the phone's screen is now decoupled from the cars screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts