Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
For the most part all works
Sound is fine and night mode as available (unlike google )
and speed limit indicator also available (unlike google )

automatic re-routing some time not working and 5 miles later still showing to go back to “highlighted route “ .. never happen to me using it in phone mode

Also, out of 5 different NAVs I have on the phone, only Waze makes mi phone running hot

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Side bar: Don't tell your co-workers or boss that you use Waze because you won't be able to blame on the traffic when you're late to work. Very often my co-worker raves how great Waze app is and I busted his chops on this stupid and funny-a*s story:

co-worker: you can't believe how terrible traffic was this morning
me: what happened?
co-worker: i got stuck in traffic for over 3 hrs (25mi distance, normally takes about 1hr) and it was horrible
me: did you take alternate routes? (i know to ask this question because this is the feature my co-worker often raves about of Waze)
co-worker: yup, a lot of alternate routes
me: Did you get my text earlier?
co-worker: I saw it while driving
me: what happened to your Waze app?
co-worker: *silent*

And my co-worker uses the app for over 2yrs. I don't use it but I use Google map a lot

·
Registered
97 Posts
Used waze this morning on the way to work to test it out. Seems Ok.

What I've noticed about carplay (vs android auto) but I notice that your iphone mirrors what's on your navigation screen. I was using Wave this morning, and then decide to use my phone to do something. I got out of the Waze Application (on the iphone) and it the car's navigation screen returns to the Home screen, rather than stay on the navigation. Anyone also experience this?

With Android Auto, I can use Wave/Google Maps, and then use my phone and the car's screen will still have the navigation.

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
What I've noticed about carplay (vs android auto) but I notice that your iphone mirrors what's on your navigation screen. I was using Wave this morning, and then decide to use my phone to do something. I got out of the Waze Application (on the iphone) and it the car's navigation screen returns to the Home screen, rather than stay on the navigation. Anyone also experience this?

With Android Auto, I can use Wave/Google Maps, and then use my phone and the car's screen will still have the navigation.
That’s normal for CarPlay to follow what your phone is doing and vice versa. The idea is that you’re not using the phone while driving. Admittedly I do check my phone sometimes and then have to go back to waze afterward. If you have a newer iPhone (X or above) a quick swipe across the bottom of the screen will bring your last app back up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts