Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’ve looked and the list seem to vary and now some items no longer showing available. The info for the car price at invoice vs msrp is easy to find but as for the list of accessories not so much! If anyone has the updated price difference will you please share? Thanks! ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer wants full list price for all accessories. When my car came in, the crossbars were not installed, the hitch was not installed, and I had a bundle of mats in the back. When asked why these things were not installed, I was told it costs money and the dealer wasn't responsible for installation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer wants full list price for all accessories. When my car came in, the crossbars were not installed, the hitch was not installed, and I had a bundle of mats in the back. When asked why these things were not installed, I was told it costs money and the dealer wasn't responsible for installation.
For my accessories, which include all weather floor mats, rear cargo tray, rear setback protector, trailer hitch, rear bumper cover, splash guard, block heater and roof rack cross bars, everything was installed when I picked up the vehicle except for the cross bars. The dealer told me that they weren't sure if I wanted them on or I wanted to put them on myself when needed. They did offer to install them on the spot, but I passed and put them on the next day which was very easy. Seems to me that your dealer should have installed these items, especially the trailer hitch if you paid the full $499 for that. The bundle of mats I had in the back were the carpeted mats that came with the vehicle and were taken out since I got the all weather mats. Anyway, loving the Ascent!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum (and can't seem to get search to work for me at all). Hijacking this thread a bit, what's the best (price, service, etc) place online to order first party Subaru accessories? I'm new to Subaru.

I see Subarupartsonline and that they have an Amazon storefront as well (prices on Amazon include shipping, but their own site is cheaper on the actual product, etc), and I see that some dealers sell parts online, etc as well.

Also see https://estore.subarupartswarehouse.com/ and they look pretty good on prices, but saw a couple of complaints about them so not sure if they are good to go or not?

Let me know your recommendations.

Thank you

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well took a chance and ordered through SubaruPartsWarehouse.com which appears to be Premier Subaru out of Connecticut. Had the best all around pricing on the items I was looking for that I found.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Let me know your recommendations.

Thank you
I know our parts department has gotten aggressive with pricing online, but that's them. Realistically, there is a certain actual cost for things, as well as shipping, and unlike the front end of the business (new and used vehicle sales), parts really can't sell below cost plus a certain profit margin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know our parts department has gotten aggressive with pricing online, but that's them. Realistically, there is a certain actual cost for things, as well as shipping, and unlike the front end of the business (new and used vehicle sales), parts really can't sell below cost plus a certain profit margin.

Thanks for the info. I actually just looked and the prices online at your parts department are really good (and just a bit better on the items I just ordered). Wasn't aware of your location previously. However, shipping killed it. Not sure why the big shipping disparity between your parts department and Subaru Parts Warehouse.

I'll let folks know how my experience is. I'll also look to compare pricing at your parts department with anything I look at in the future since as you stated the prices are very competitive at your location.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dealer in OK is https://www.bobmooresubaru.com/ I believe.

I ended up buying from here: https://estore.subarupartswarehouse.com/ as shipping was significantly cheaper on the items I was interested in.

Ordered Friday and my order shipped Saturday and should have it Monday per tracking, but I'm thinking more likely Tuesday.
I ordered the all weather floor liners, side molding and rear bumper cover from subarupartswarehouse.com. Some parts were on back order, but that was expected. Good value and easy to install. Also, great communication from the person I spoke with. Definitely recommend.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered the all weather floor liners, side molding and rear bumper cover from subarupartswarehouse.com. Some parts were on back order, but that was expected. Good value and easy to install. Also, great communication from the person I spoke with. Definitely recommend.

Good to hear. I ordered the cargo area mat and the seat back protectors from them and per USPS tracking, should be here today. I had called them to verify stock before ordering. Hopefully all comes as ordered, but so far pleased with communication on order via emails and quick shipping as well.

Update: Got my order today, all parts as expected, and super fast shipping (for a really good shipping price). Would definitely recommend subarupartswarehouse.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts